spodeguy

Mar 1, 2002
hey, im coming off a 99 CR125 and I mostly rode woods and the local sand pits, never raced, just for fun. i want a 2-stroke cuz of the power but want to have the combo of both woods/mx. is the 200mxc or 200exc good? what are the benefits of both? i wanna deck it out with a pipe/silencer and eric gorr porting. what are your opinions on the 200mxc and 200exc. thanks!

MWEISSEN

Whaasssup?
Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 6, 1999
It sounds like the KTM 200 would be ideal for you, especially coming off a CR125. The MXC has slightly different transmission ratios on first, fifth and sixth gear. Also it has no lights of course. Other than that, they're speced out pretty much the same. The MXC is set up for the guy who likes both woods and racing, so it sounds like it'd be best for ya.

Rumours are there will be a 200SX for '03.

spodeguy

Mar 1, 2002
i read in feb 2002 issue of MXA that brock sellards used a 200sx to race in the 250class. it said it was a 200sx and KTM's only 200 was the EXC, i KNOW KTM makes a MXC too. which bike was it that he used the EXC or MXC? wonder why the called it a 200sx?? If KTM does come out with a 200SX for '03, i'll wait for the '03 models to come out and make a purchase. do you know how much the 200MXC cost by the way? i can't find it on KTM's website? thanks!

ryan

spodeguy

Mar 1, 2002
does the 200 mxc have the same suspension as the 125sx? cuz i like to hit jumps pretty nice size jumps on my bikes so should i wait for the 03 200sx?

jeb

Jul 21, 1999
No, the 200 MXC and EXC share the exact same suspension settings and they're intended for woods, not MXing. The 02 125SX has completely different suspension, 48mm forks compared to 43's on the EXC/MXC and the SX shock has high and low compression settings. So if you're going big on an MXC or EXC, you'll have to have the suspension reworked for that. Of course, that'll mean it'll beat you up more in the woods. Almost impossible to get one setup to do both really well. Sort of the holy grail of the dirt bike world.

jc220

Nov 7, 2001
for brock sellards 200sx, they put a 200 motor in a 125 frame. not sure whether or not it was the MXC or the EXC. if MXA isn't talking about a yama they don't bother listing much info or making sure their info is right. either bike would have plenty of power.

Top Bottom