Kool aid

Jun 11, 2007
1) your physical size 5' 6'' 120 lbs
2) How physical / aggressive are you ? If im good enough im agressive
3) what do you plan to ride- MX/SX tracks, woods, fields with friends or ????? Trails fields..
4) Do you have any riding experience? not much, riden motorcycles alot if that counts
5) Do you think you will race ? Probably.. not.
6) Are you mechanically inclined and will you be doing your own bike work? I think I can do it by myself and I have friends
7) Do YOU have a preferance to a brand/ motor choice (2 or 4 stroke)? 4 stroke I like Yamaha 4 wheelers Honda bikes are good too
8) Do you have a dealer close by your home that you might use and what brand(s) does he carry? Mostly Yama
9) How much ($) do you plan to spend on a bike? Not too much $3000?..
10) Do you live in California? ummm no
11) Your age? 15
12) anything else that you think would help form an opinion nope

So yeah basically I just want a trail bike. I used to have a yamaha bruin atv and was wondering if these could go in the mud (not deep 1 foot at most) and over small fallen trees and stuff. I dont have much experience with dirt bikes, are they hard to ride and easy to crash if im careful and dont go too fast when I am still not a good rider? I have driven motorcycles before, on the road so I can ride a little. Thanks for your help.

May 10, 2007
k bikes really cant do mud too well cuz you get balance issues. if you have good balance you can do some mud.

you can ride small trees and bigger ones when you get better and pop the wheel of it.

another point street riding (from what ive heard from lots of people) is completely different.

and correct me if im wrong but you bruin is a atv for utility. dirt bikes are a lot lighter and (im not sure about this one) but im gonna guess are a bit quicker off the start.

now my recommendation for you would be a crf230/ttr230 they are good bikes that require little work. air cooled and elec start.

if you want to go for something with a little more power but try the honda crf150r little engine big power. good for trails perfect for the track.

if you want a higher seat try a crf250x or wr250f both good trail bikes that if you want you can take to the track.

Kool aid

Jun 11, 2007
Thanks for the info.

Ok, I could limit the mud to 5 inches or so. How does that sound? That also sounds like alot of bike to me. The bruin is utility yes and is fairly slow, especially off the line compared to a dirtbike. Are they fairly easy for a beginner to ride? I know i need to practice with it but I dont want to regret getting out of 4 wheelers since they are so easy. I guess i need to go sit on them and maybe evemn try them out. Thanks

Kool aid

Jun 11, 2007
A 150 or 200 isnt enough for me? Would the 200's be not enough for me when I get taller in a couple years? I dont need a whole lot of power, the trails are pretty narrow and lots of turns so I wont be doing 40 mph. More like 20-30 mostly. However I know it is nice to have power and I dont want to have an underpowered bike.

Top Bottom