Mar 18, 2009
Hello everyone. I just joined the site and i have some questions regarding the purchase of a bike. Here is a little info about myself
I am 27 years old
I weigh roughly 135lbs
I am roughly 5'10" tall. Yes i know i am skinny!!
A little background on what i have ridden before. My first bike was a 89 YZ80. I rebuilt the top end myself. It was missing 2nd and 6th gear but i enjoyed it anyway. I finally got used to that bike and outgrew it. I didnt get on another bike until i was 25. I got a sweet deal on a 95 RM125 that had no engine. I had a complete engine built for it. Ported top end, wiseco pro lite piston. Carbon fiber reeds, full fmf fatty exhaust and a jetted carb. Was a great little bike. I really liked this bike. I think it weighed about 194lbs or so. I learned to jump on this bike and got the hang of it but not 100% that i would go all out. I kept this bike for roughly 6 months because i started to feel like i wanted more power. I met up with a guy while i had the RM 125 that just bought a 2006 CRF 250R. I rode it one time and was in love. The bottom end torque was awesome. I didnt have to ring the engine out to the moon to get it to go. I could also chug it around without worrying about fouling out the spark plug which was the number 1 reason i liked it. Sometime i like to slow down and putter around. But as with my 125 i started to get used to the 250 fours power and wanted more. Well i decided to jump the CRfF250R one day on a jump i was used to on my 125. I hit the face of the jump and it threw me over the bars and i broke my arm and pelvic bone. I learned that day to not let off the throttle on a 4 stroke at the lip of a jump! This was the last time i rode until one day a friend of mine bought what i think was a 2008 CRF450R. I hopped on it and the only place i could test it out was on the street. So i took off in first built some revs and got on it and was greeted with a nice view of the sky!!!
WHOA!!!!
2nd Gear same thing all i saw was sky!!!
3RD Gear the front end stayed down and i wound out 3rd
I did this back and forth for maybe 20 minutes getting the hang of the power. I was in love. But there was one thing concerning me. The weight of the bike. I do like to jump and i dont want too heavy of a bike.

So based on the information i have given you guys what bike is right for me?
250 four is the right weight but not enough power for me
450 four is the right power but is a little heavy.
What should i get? I am probably going to pick up something this weekend.

Sorry for the life story. I tried to be in depth as much as i could

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
liftedcj7on44s said:
So based on the information i have given you guys what bike is right for me?
250 four is the right weight but not enough power for me

Once you learn how to ride, the power of a 250F will prove to be more than adequate.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Beefing up your skills will be a much better investment. ;)

Top Bottom