Hello i need some help on choosing what 2008 4-stroke 250cc bike to get
so far i am deciding between
KTM
Honda
Yamaha
also can u tell me why or why not i should choose a certain bike
all my friends say KTM are not reliable and to go for either honda or yamaha

May 10, 2007
they are really all the same. i have never heard anything about KTM not being reliable. with these bikes you have to do a lot of maintenance or there will be problems with them.

the reason they are saying that is probably because it is not as common as yamaha or honda or suzuki or kawasaki. they are good bikes though.

Jan 3, 2007
The WR250F runs like a hot pile of crap in stock form. The KTM is a hoot but needs to be ridden aggresivly to be fast. The Honda is just nice abd easy going and fun to ride stock or modded.

Jan 3, 2007
Well, if you do the ASI removal kit from GYTR (yamaha performance), and throttel stop removal form GYTR and the GYTR jet kit the bike is a blast to ride. It has more mid and top end power for those strights but lack a little down low but could be fixed with some gearing. The KTM just plain rips but is the most expensive. The Honda can get better then stock with a F2 racing jetting kit and then its about as fun as a WR250F modded.

davieboy48

Sep 18, 2007
Is it hard to kick start a 250??

Im asking what bike is best to get overall with out modding or doing it up and also i want a reliable bike
Please tell me what you would choose out of the following

davieboy48

Sep 18, 2007
Is it hard to kick start a 250??

Im asking what bike is best to get overall with out modding or doing it up and also i want a reliable bike
Please tell me what you would choose out of the following
KTM- 250exc-f
Honda- crf250x
Yamaha- wr250f
Suzuki- RMZ250

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
davieboy48 said:
Hello i need some help on choosing what 2008 4-stroke 250cc bike to get
so far i am deciding between
KTM
Honda
Yamaha
also can u tell me why or why not i should choose a certain bike
all my friends say KTM are not reliable and to go for either honda or yamaha

What is your riding experience? What type of riding?

Performance wise just pick a brand that has a dealer close to you that is reliable and treats you well and you will be fine.

However, if you pick a bike that you don't have the skill for you could end up hurt.

Top Bottom