RJGoonie

Sep 15, 2006
I own a 2003 YZ125 and ride in the CT NY area. It's getting to the point were there is no place to ride. I'd like to make something street legal so I can enter Enduros or group rides. It'll cost me around $650 to make the YZ road legal, so I'm thinking about a new bike. I need to buy new because I must finance. I was thinking of a KLX300R ($5000) or a KTM 250 XC ($6000+) to make road legal. Any ideas which one, or are there others that I should consider? All your comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Nov 25, 2006
How about unadilla, diamonback, ace or playboy? These are ny tracks, very rideable.
Coming of a zingy 125, a klx 300 would be a pooch. I would try to buy a ktm four stroke exc, and add lights. A 2 stroke would be good also, just less desireable a road vehicle than a 4str.

RJGoonie

Sep 15, 2006
4th Gear, I'm not much of a track person, I've never raced. I'm a woods person. How would you rate your kdx 200. Any modification to get more zing.

Nov 25, 2006
The kdx has been a great woods bike. I too see how there is little riding in this area, so i am selling for a motocross bike. I still want to go to paragon, pa. Have you been there? Best woods riding around since lembo lake closed.

RJGoonie

Sep 15, 2006
I have'nt been to Paragon. I'm just getting back in the sport after 20 years. Used to go to Maybrook, NY for the last two years until they stopped letting people ride there. I was thinking about joining NETRA. They have Harescrabbles and Enduros. For the Enduros you need a street legal bike. Anything to find some local woods riding.

Top Bottom