new19

Apr 22, 2009
what bike would be best for me?

I am looking for my first bike. I will ride a mix of everything: mountain trails and logging roads, sand, mx track, and mostly just fooling around. I wont race exept with friends(some of them do compete), but i want a bike that can keep up. Id prefer about an 04 or newer, I dont know if i should get 2 or 4 stroke but i love the sound of 4 strokes, and i dont care about which make.

I want a race bike but dont know if its worth the extra cost and mainenance or if it would okay for the trails (some of the trails up here are very rugged) or would it have to be regeared? Ive been looking at some 05+06 kx250f, yz250 250f and 450f, crf450x, etc.

Im 6ft, 165lb, 19yrs old, live in MT, very little experience, but i am a quick learner and very aggresive with extreme sports, want to spend under $3000, hopefully about $2000.
Any advice is appreciated.

Last edited:

jb_dallas

Feb 17, 2009
It will be very difficult if not impossible to find an 04 or newer 4 stroke for $2K. I would recommend starting on a 250 4 stroke which will have plenty of power. I think starting on a 450 is a big mistake. I have a YZ400F and it is alot to handle, actually more than I expected.

Top Bottom