kawikiller

Mar 2, 2007
what boots do you think I should get? I can get some:

aplinestar tech 10 (new)(evilbay) - $300
alpinestar tech 8 (new)(local shop) - $300
aplinestar tech 6 (used but in good shape)(evilbay) - $9.99

which boot do you think I should grab. Im sure there will be more bids on the used tech 6. But at 10 bucks I think that is a steal. tech 10's at 300 bucks is also a good deal though I have never tried them on. Today I tried on the tech 8's and like them alot. Cant make up my mind.

450X

Test It!!!
Mar 25, 2007
well $10 is a no-brainer, now i have the tech 6's really like them they broke in really well and are comfortable, the only problem with them is they dont have an inner liner (supposed to help in cleaning/washing of the boot). the tech 8's will have the liner, so will the tech 10's, from what i hear the 10's are alittle stiff, i would go with the 8's especially if you've tried them already.

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
I get the impression you are starting to ride, is this correct? I would suggest the used Tech 6, if they are in good shape. Make sure you can see the bottom of the boots, the older A-stars had soft soles.

Tech 10's are great boots. All my buddies who wear them, love them. But that's alot of boot. Definately top of the line. (I wear Gearne SG10's)

Another option would be closeout boots. You can find a good "mid-level" boot at an inexpensive price.

$300 will buy a full set of close-out gear.

Good luck, Steve.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
do not i repete do not buy the tech 10s enless you ride almost every weekday and race on the weekend.
? Explain please?

trial_07

Play with gravity
~SPONSOR~
Apr 26, 2004
Maybe those Tech 10 could eat you if you don't go fast enough, or often enough :whoa: Who knows? :think:
:coocoo:

Top Bottom