What brand of pads for the most braking power ?

KYHU

Jun 12, 2001
Hello,

I've got a KTM 125, with GOLD Fren pads. Everything is OEM : Front caliper is Brembo two pistons, the master cylinder is a Brembo, the line is steel-braided.I don't know what brand of disc I have, but it is OEM, too.

I find the front brake not powerful enough. I guess that trying another brand of pads is the least expensive modification I can do in order to have more braking power. So could you please tell me what is the best brand of pads to try ?

Thanks for your input

david

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
I found the OEM pads on my 125sx were quite nice. The back pads stopped too well. I went to EBC pads and the front still is very nice but the back is not as grabby now. I know EBC makes pads of different compounds depending on your preference. The MX pads they have will probably perform like you are wanting, but they will not last as long as the other pad compounds.

Marcus, I found that the EBC for late model HondaCR250 do fit the bike on the front, however the back does not fit the honch well and looks as if it could actually come out. I don't trust the honda spec. for the rear of a KTM125.

Last edited:

buffmaster

Mi. Trail Riders
Apr 11, 2001
I've seen in the mags(yeah, I know the gripes. don't get too crazy on me) that the EBC MX(S) were highly recommended. The hype was that they took the 'best' pads out there, the stock CR's, and improved upon them. Don't know it they're worth the hype, but unless I hear otherwise, they're the next pads for me.

KDX220rm

Uhhh...
Jun 3, 2002
I have used the EBC MX(S) on my 97 KDX220 and they lasted twice as long as the regular pads especially when riding in mud/dirt. They may run alittle hotter becaused of the sinistered material, but they last a long time.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom