What cylinders will fit a 91 RMX250?

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
My friend has 1991 RMX250 that we toasted cylinder on last Friday due to loss of coolant (loose coolant drain bolt.)
We ran the bike all day like this until it quit. There is aluminum stuck to cylinder on the exhaust side. I'm thinking that the plating is probably damaged.

What year RM250 cylinders will fit?

We are pretty sure that we have a RM250 cylinder and head on the bike right now from talking to the Suzuki dealer. The cylinder we have has an O-Ring head (RMX has reg. gasket.) and the right powervalve cover gasket from the RMX kit wasn't right either.

elvis68

Jan 21, 2004
Studboy said:
My friend has 1991 RMX250 that we toasted cylinder on last Friday due to loss of coolant (loose coolant drain bolt.)
We ran the bike all day like this until it quit. There is aluminum stuck to cylinder on the exhaust side. I'm thinking that the plating is probably damaged.

What year RM250 cylinders will fit?

We are pretty sure that we have a RM250 cylinder and head on the bike right now from talking to the Suzuki dealer. The cylinder we have has an O-Ring head (RMX has reg. gasket.) and the right powervalve cover gasket from the RMX kit wasn't right either.

placelast

Apr 11, 2001
In the prior edition of his book, Eric Gorr said a '94 RM250 was a good choice, but you have to use an RM pipe and PV cover.

If you use another RMX barrel then be forewarned the '89-'92 are similar, as are the '93-'95, then '96-'98. They all interchange but for the exhaust port on the '89-'92 which is larger than the other two groups.

I know this because I had a '90 and a '97 (and a '93 spare.)

Top Bottom