BryceD

Jan 27, 2008
Ok so..
I was riding with a few buddies of mine a few days ago and we were at a place called the flats...(in Revelstoke BC..if anyones been there, they know its an amazing place to ride) And we were just rippin along and all of a sudden...

Im in the air...

First thing i do is look down, i see water then i realize im going straight for the 60% enbankment on the other side and ditch the bike. Now i have a broken arm, 3 ripped tendons in my shoulder and a broken wrist....

now..just to put this into perspective, i was going about 80kmph and the river was about 20 feet across so i hit the bottom, more slanted part of the bank. The jaw strap part on my full face...well...it literally snapped in half.

But get this, the bike (06' crf150f) flipped like 4 or 5 times and landed on top of the bank..somehow, i dont know, i was out cold haha AND ALL THAT RESULTED WAS BENT HANDLE BARS......gotta love thows hondas for thier reliability haha

So my question is... should i bend them back..or just get new ones? i was thinking a pair of renthals would be good enough

Thank god I was only riding a 150, if i was on a bigger bike i probably would have died..or not been able to ride again

but luckily i can, in about 3 months or so

If anyone could help...that would be great

----
BryceD

Apr 30, 2007
Depends on how bent they are. If they are a little "tweaked" you can easily "un tweak" them with no danger. You've probably seen this done a few times when someone has a mild crash. They stand in front of the bike with the front wheel between their legs...and give one side of the handlebars a hefty jerk (or in my case...4...hefty jerks).

If it's bent to the point where that doesn't work. Then replace the bars. The act of bending them back weakens them quite a bit. The next crash might cause them to snap...and that tends to leave a pretty "sharp stabby thingy."

I hope your helmet is getting replaced too :whoa: That was definitely quite a hit you took!

BryceD

Jan 27, 2008
haha ya i know it was quite the little crash
but umm they are bent quite badly, but they are ridable as is
i think i may just bend them back and replace them when i have my next hard fall
and plus
i dont got 150$ for a new set of h-bars anyway haha

yamarider88

Jun 24, 2007
dude bars are only like $80 for a nice pair or like $15 for a pair of carbon steel. if you don't have the money just by the cheap ones, don't risk it.

Top Bottom