What do you carry your spare plug in?

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
So the snow here in Pa. has finally gone and I took the studs off! :) Now we can really ride and race.
I cleaned out my fanny pack and my sons tool bag on the bike.
I had a spare plug in a plastic bag, in the box, with duct tape @ it.
Both plugs must have gotten wet, (how did that happen??) or muudy, (from where??) :cool: and are no good anymore
I have a spare plug caddy in my tool box, but it's like a huge plug, maybe 2" around at it's widest.
What is the BEST way to carry a spare plug in a fender tool bag and a fanny pack???
I thought about making one, but nothing I can come up with is nice looking or it takes up a pile of room in my bags.
What are you using and how does it work??
Joe
I spent a lot of money to race here today! I'm gonna enjoy every minute of it! Even if it takes me all day to ride the course! :thumb:

Akira

Aug 29, 2003
I keep all my plugs in plug caties, then I put them in my fender pack. It keeps them dry and clean.
-Akira

KDX1

Mod Ban
Jun 5, 2001
I keep my spare plug in a plastic medicine bottle, the kind that you get prescription medicine in. Works well and stays dry.

00' KDX 200

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
That's a good place for it! I can see me doing that, doing a nice, "Hay Look At Me" face plant and swalling the plug.
That wouldn't be so bad, but the next day when I have to pass it..........................
Joe

endomatic

~SPONSOR~
Oct 31, 2001
Those little tubes that have M & M's or Resses pieces in them work great. Put some tape around the seal and then tape to your bars or anywhere handy.

Endomatic

23jayhawk

Sponsoring Member
Apr 30, 2002
Cheap plastic toothbrush holder ($0.59 at Target). Wrap 2 plugs, one each in a paper towel for padding, then a zip lock bag, in each end of the case. Put together, 1 wrap of duct tape around package. Cheap, completely waterproof, and the plugs are protected from crash damage.

marc_w

Apr 2, 2004
I cut out a bit of foam out of my (conventional style crossbar pad... in an area where I'm least likey to kiss it.

I put a few inches of duct tape around the electrode end.

Rooster

Today's Tom Sawyer
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 24, 2000
<smarty pants mode on>

Jet it right, and stay out of the mud and water!!

( I foul plugs faster than anyone I know )

I keep them in my Camelbak, in a plastic waterproof case I got at a camping supply store.

joe28kdx

Sep 28, 2001
Hmmm, All great ideas!
I ended up with a cheap carry case I got for free at a dealer, with a good supply of duct tape @ it.
In my sons TTR 125, the M&M tube worked great! I stuffed the spare plug in box and all and filled the extra space with T.P., (cuz when nature calls you can't put her on hold!)
I haven't fouled a plug in quite a few years, had a bud try to see if his air box was water tight, (it wasn't).
Being anal and hate pushing a bike miles out of the boonies, I carry more than I will ever need to.
Joe

Top Bottom