What do you eat for a prosperous New Year?

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Happy New Year to all! So how about it? My mother from southern Mississippi always recommends black eyed peas. My mother in law says peas, polish sausage and sour kraut, her second husband is polish. I believe I am up for a big brisket of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and black eyed peas. And to insure a prosperous New Year, I will hide the toilet paper!

RYDMOTO

~SPONSOR~
Feb 16, 2001
Don't forget to pour some pre-mix oil in a skillet to add some atmosphere.Medium low flame.Put on some MX DVDs.....

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Pork & black eye peas. I think the menu today is a new variation, pork tenderloin with a cranberry, dijon, honey glaze and black eye peas with jalapinos and ham.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I can report back that it was REALLY REALLY good! Let's hope that taste has something to do with the level of prosperity :)

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Yes, the year ahead will tell. No, I didn't hide the tp. I got done eating and took a nap. I didn't know beef had triptafin(spell it like it sounds!) in it. And I have learned Texans do eat beans, just not in chili! And as expected and confirmed this morning, the black eyed peas were great!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Yup, beans as beans is OK, beans in chili is like warm beer.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
and Texans are silly because they think their way is the only way :fft:

I had pizza

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
XRpredator said:
and Texans are silly because they think their way is the only way :fft:
Actually we KNOW our way is the only way, it's everybody else that's silly for not realizing it.

High Lord Gomer

Poked with Sticks
Sep 26, 1999
Being a Georgia Peach, my wife made collard greens and black eyed peas (both with fatback in them).

Collard greens are ok with enough vinegar, but without they're nasty.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Rooster and I made a delicious recipe called King Ranch Chicken Casserole. It had black beans, tomatoes, cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup, onion, garlic, and red peppers - oh and of course chicken! All nestled between corn tortillas and lots of shredded cheese and baked to perfection!

YUM!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Care to guess where the King Ranch is located? Perhaps Pred can help :)

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
Patman said:
Care to guess where the King Ranch is located? Perhaps Pred can help :)
Where the heck is the little smilie guy giving you the finger, Pat? :nener:

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
On vacation..... in Texas!

Top Bottom