What do you guys do on the bikes?

KDXgirl

May 10, 2003
Just thinking, there seems to be a wide range of riders in here from trail riders, to enduro riders and mx riders and everything in between. Who does what and where???

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Our entire family rides motocross. We travel all over the State of Kansas and have raced at several tracks in Oklahoma. The boys in the family have ridden Arenacross in Co., Ks, TX, and OK.

Several of the tracks in SW Kansas are more Supercross type tracks with LOTS of doubles. The tracks in OK and Central Kansas are more high speed, single jump, old tyme motocross tracks. Those are my favorite. My TTR can  really fly on some of those but it doesn't like the big jumps.

firecracker22

Sponsoring Member
Oct 23, 2000
I ride a little of everything, mostly trails though. I kind of go in stages--I will get sick of trails for a while and ride mx, then get fed up with that and go back.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
my daughter kendall races strictly mx. she has raced with srellis a few times. she does best on the slower, tighter type of tracks.

zero_it

~SPONSOR~
May 20, 2000
I'm a full-fledged woods rider, 30 years of it and still lovin' it! Most of my throttle time is trail riding, but I also compete in a few enduros and ISDE type events each year. During the early & mid-1990's I raced hard and raced often (enduro, ISDE, hare scrambles). I accomplished nearly all of my goals, had tons of fun, made lots of great friends and learned about several riding areas I probably wouldn't have otherwise. Guess you could say I'm semi-retired from the racing scene. Now I really enjoy trail riding with my husband and buddies all over the west coast, primarily in Washington State. Over the last several years I've taken some fantastic road trips with friends to ride for 1 to 2 weeks in Washington as well as California, Oregon, Idaho, Utah and Baja, Mexico. Those have been some of my favorite vacations to date. If you're willing to travel you can never run out of new adventures and new places to ride.

altagirl

~SPONSOR~
Mar 17, 2003
I've mostly been riding trails (just learned to ride in April) - we spend a lot of time in Moab in the spring and fall and ride at higher elevations during the heat of summer, but lately we've been expanding our horizons. We finally went out and hit some dunes two weeks ago, and Saturday night I finally talked my husband into going to the MX track - which was really fun. I'm getting more and more obsessed with dirt biking and he's getting more obsessed with racing DH mountain bikes lately, so we end up with a lot to fit in on weekends! This past Friday night we went trail riding, had DH race practice Saturday morning/afternoon, MX track Saturday night, and a DH race Sunday. Needless to say I'm super sore and tired now but had a really good weekend!

So anyway, I guess I'd say I mostly ride trails, but there's definitely more MX in the future!

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Originally posted by blackhawk468

srellis, next time your in tejas, let me know.

Um.. Uh... After see these pictures I think you would be very bored riding with me!

Man you look great! Is that you leading a pack of boys?

I hope one day to look half as good as that. Maybe once I get a better bike I can dream of doing that. I'm going to MX school this Saturday and I hope to have a new bike sometime the first of the year. It's incredibly hard to jump a TTR, even if I do land back wheel first. I think I am more sore after the races from the jarring of the landings rather than the physicalness, (I know that's not a real word, but I think you know what I mean), of the riding.

I can't wait to ride a bike with real suspension....

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
I used to mow down small trees out in the woods. Now I dodge big guys on 4 strokes on a friend's backyard MX track. I rode the dunes once with Firecracker22 and had a blast. Before getting into dirt I was learning street from a good friend of mine. Basically, when it come to bikes I'm willing to try anything a few times. Wait, I take that back... ALMOST anything. I will never attempt FMX on purpose.

Fe_princess

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 7, 2001
Originally posted by dirty~d~
I will never attempt FMX on purpose.

Too funny :flame:
The image in my head was you doing a hand stand on the bars :scream:

I've done a lot with bikes, but I just love to ride in the dirt!

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Ok ok, the Kiss of Death does have me curious... except for that whole death thing. :confused:

MXGirl230

Stupid tires and trees
~SPONSOR~
Mi. Trail Riders
Dec 19, 2002
I ride MX. I started out trail riding, and now I don't care for it at all. I'll go every now and then...so I stick to the tracks :thumb:
I have raced MX since 01, and unfortunatley have only been able to complete one season. Last July I was out due to a serious concussion (still have problems from that) This year having to work Saturdays has pretty much not allowed me to race but once. Now, because of the street bike accident looks like no racing the last race of the year at Big Air (Newaygo, MI). I don't think my knee is going to heal well enough by then :whiner: :|

cactusreid

Jan 13, 2003
My wife& I and our 2 sons (11& 12) do lots of trail riding around kamloops b.c. can. Marianne & I used to icerace in the winter and I did quite a few xcountry's around here years ago. I still try to do a couple a year. But weekend,and summer evening rides have taken over as sport of choice for us.

4EverOrange

~SPONSOR~
Mar 9, 2003
I ride both MX, trails and have raced ISDE qualifiers. I pretty much enjoy it all for different reasons. I get a huge rush from racing MX, that you just don't get riding trails or enduro's. I feel this sense of accomplishement riding trails that I really don't feel like I get on the track. Especially when it comes to the ISDE events I've done. They are a full on endurance challenge.

I am racing my first GP weekend after next. I really think it will totally fit my style of riding. After spending the summer riding trails, I think an hour and a half of riding all out will be just my style!

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Mostly trail riding, but I've done a little bit of everything-- MX, harescrambles, enduros.   But my favorite is just going out on trail rides with friends.   :)

And now trials.  There's one trials event in October after we get back from DirtWeek, and I think I'll give that one a shot.  

bbbom

~SPONSOR~
Aug 13, 1999
Trails, mainly singletrack woods with my boyfriend and kids. Karl likes the ugliest stuff he can find and for some reason I still follow him, knowing I'm going to be cussing him eventually but once back at the truck, it's all good.

4EO, you need to come try out some of the North Idaho trails if you want to get a RUSH! Gotta love goattrails across cliffs with the occasional log about handlebar height on the bank, hidden by leaves. I caught one yesterday, but got stopped in time to just drop the front wheel over the edge. Karl caught a much worse one after that - he ping ponged off of it & down into a creek about 12' below where he was supposed to be. Fortunately, someone else had been there before, there was a nice little trail down the creek a bit & back up onto the trail.

You can see some of our typical trails here: http://community.webshots.com/album/58128753UHweNN

and here: http://community.webshots.com/album/16529348kFfNqrFClo

My son races an occasional MX race and talks me into cruising the track once a year or so but I am far from comfortable out there. Firecracker and my son have tried to convince me to clear a small double, I tried & tried by my throttle just wouldn't twist hard enough! ;)

srellis

LIFETIME SPONSOR
May 25, 2002
Originally posted by bbbom
I tried & tried by my throttle just wouldn't twist hard enough! ;)

Funny.. Mine has the same problem....

Maybe there is a throttle stop about 1/4 of the way around?

pyrofreak

Apr 9, 2003
Feilds and woods so far. Got some crazy figure 8's and 180 turns, and the mountain road/trails are just.....wow. MX when i get some more skill.

Top Bottom