What type of riding would you like to see at a Central Chapters Spodefest?

• Supercross style

Votes: 11 8.4%
  • Motocross style

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Woods/trail riding

Votes: 79 60.3%
  • Grass tracks

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • Trials

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Sand or gravel pits

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
I'm kind of curious to see what kind of riding all the Central Chapters would prefer to see at our Spode Fests. Take the poll and let your voice be heard.:)
Here you go BSwift. Have fun.:)
<Moderator edit>Thanks Papakeith!<edit>

Last edited by a moderator:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Hmmmm... I can't vote on this one...not enough boxes to choose from.

Do we really have to segregate things? I'm certain that many riders in my area like many types of riding. I myself love a good rip through the farm just as much as a 15 min moto.
Perhaps I'm missing the point of this??:think

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
I use to think I liked grass tracks till i got my butt kicked on one last weekend.:D I think the prevailing thought will be trails. Thats why I hope DW02 is somewhere that has good trails. That was one of the things I didn't like about DW01.

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
justql,
DW01 was my first harescramble. I kinda thought the layout had about everything one could want for a woods ride. Was lincoln not as nice as stuff you are used to? Or too nice?

B

biglou

Jaybird-These woods guys are a sick, sadistic, evil group!:debil: They like to take you out for an "easy" loop and the next thing you know, you feel like you might not make it back to the truck by nightfall. You're attempting to climb sheer vertical rack cliffs, covered with water, ice and a thin coating of mud. Water and gas running low. Every muscle strained from lifting and pulling and stretching to get your bike over that next hump, only to discover another. Then another, then another...

It's cruel, cruel game they like to play out there...:D

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
:eek: LOL...that is what I was afraid of!

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
!
Originally posted by BigLou
And we like it:p :aj:

Jaybird

Apprentice Goon
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 16, 2001
Charlestown, IN
Hey, y'all....
Does this mean that if we do OK for DW'02 that I'm gonna need a bigger tank and a (cough) light? :eek:

justql

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 23, 2000
this coming from the guy who won his first enduro. I guess not challenging enough huh??

Jeff Gilbert

N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 20, 2000
Actually I like the first 3..SX, MX & Woods but I could only vote once. What kind of a forum is this that I can only vote once!:p

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
Lou what in the wide world of sports are you talking about? There aren't any sheer cliffs round these parts:confused: ...sounds familiar though;)

B

biglou

I don't know what you're talking about, Wade!:debil:

BTW-When posting a poll, there is an "Options" area, that allows multiple selections.:D

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I is a-scared of the air. I'm for sure a trail guy. I will do small air stuff buy not a lot as my bike has no maners up there. It will fly but it tends to land a little hard.

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
I'd much rather bounce off of trees than jump 50 feet. But MX is better than not riding at all. I'm used to having a 2500 acre lot of hundreds of miles of trails just minutes from my house, so it's gonna be hard to top that. Only thing is...all we have is rocks! When I rode with BigLou at Merwin, I couldn't believe it. I got to ride in some TOPSOIL!!

BTW, I have two MX tracks 4 miles from my house(open to ride on any day)...and I've never ridden on them once.:mad:

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Originally posted by BigLou
They like to take you out for an "easy" loop and the next thing you know, you feel like you might not make it back to the truck by nightfall. You're attempting to climb sheer vertical rack cliffs, covered with water, ice and a thin coating of mud. Water and gas running low. Every muscle strained from lifting and pulling and stretching to get your bike over that next hump, only to discover another. Then another, then another...

you really need to come ride the 500 in stillwater. i'm not a woods guy and i like riding there alot. it doesn't have much of that difficult stuff like you are talking about. good dirt, very few rocks, some fast trails, some tight (for guys like justql);) , lots of cedar trees (ask sawblade about that) and a good sx style motocross track (though very rough and hardpack). you won't get lost and you won't get stranded. it's my favorite place to ride trails although i much prefer mx.

...and it's a good place to get initiated by bswift.:scream:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by mx547

...and it's a good place to get initiated by bswift.:scream:
:moon:Look who's talking. YOU initiated my buddy in Enid. :p

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Originally posted by mx547

yeah but it was your bike so that officially goes on your record.:D
I object! Foul! Do OVER!:silly:

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
He probably won't buy a dirtbike until August. He got a citation from the City for parking his truck in his yard. So he is adding on to his driveway. I see him druelling on his keyboard at the office about once a week while he is looking at bikes on eeeebaigh.

MotoX6977

Apr 19, 2002
I like motocross a lot more then the others, but around here in my area, woods and trails are the only things to ride on. My friends and I however are building a motocross park, in the Wichita Falls area.

Top Bottom