What do you think about this place?

weav6385

Dec 19, 2009
Hey I just bought a 96 CR125 so I can get back into riding again. I live in charlotte NC which is about an hour from this place. I found it looking for places to ride. It looks sweet and has over 100 miles of trails. Anyone wana go?

http://www.carolinaadventureworld.net/

Thats my new bike too. I put all new plastic on it. The lower fork guards are in the mail still. Fresh rebuild on top end.

Attachments

• downsized_1215091546.jpg
    downsized_1215091546.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 103

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Carolina Adventure World is pretty good. There are a few places in NC to ride.

Center Road is a little ways out from Charlotte towards Yadkinville and is excellent MX. Brushy Mtn is in Taylorsville and is pretty much the best trails in the area.

There is TNT as well. I am very partial to TNT b/c I know the owner Barbara (www.tntmotorsportsinc.com). Just don't speed in the parking lot at all! She is very strict on that. There are trails and mx there.

I am in TN right now but there is a good bunch of people I ride with who are in Charlotte. An e-mail from Gomer has already been sent to them.

BTW, nice clean 125... pin it!

Ivan

weav6385

Dec 19, 2009
Hey thanks. I havnt heard of any of those places but am def gona look into them. I move to Charlotte about 2 years ago and had a TRX450R but sold it cause I didnt know anyone around. Now I have some friends that I need to talk into getting bikes!

mx_racer32

Apr 7, 2005
are you into tracks or trails? both? if so which do you prefer? CAW (carolina adventure world) is geared more toward trail riders. i have heard that their track is...well, not so great.

i live in charlotte too. I mainly ride tracks but know of a few other places with trails. like TNT, it is in the same direction, but closer then CAW. it is down i77 in great falls\chester. a little less then an hour from central\downtown area charlotte. let me know what your interested in and i would be glad to point you in the right direction.

weav6385

Dec 19, 2009
Haha. Thats not very nice. I like all kind of riding. I would say I like trail riding more but a small mx track is fun sometimes too. I think that its the trails that attract me to CAW. I would really like just a plot of land I can ride for free but those are hard to come by nowadays. In Michigan we used to ride in gravel pits all the time. That is fun! Where in Charlotte are ya? I'm in north Charlotte up by the Northlake mall. Thanks for the help by the way.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
weav6385 said:
Haha. Thats not very nice.

The reason he's always wearing a helmet is b/c the dagnab kid is always riding!

He's part of a local group I ride with and we slam on each other pretty good... all in good fun. Wait until Gomer jumps in.

In Michigan we used to ride in gravel pits all the time.

Where are you from in Michigan?

I have family in Battle Creek, my fiance is from Sterling Heights and I have some friends in Grand Rapids and Jackson.

I have ridden at Moorelands and raced across the border in Ohio at Delta. There is some nice dirt up there in the summer.

Down in NC you will be able to ride almost year round.

Ivan

weav6385

Dec 19, 2009
Yah thats what I love about being down there. The winters are so bad up north. I am from a small town called Capac. Its near Port Huron or St. Clair. I worked in Shelby Twp. My girlfriend went to school in Grand Rapids. Nice dirt yes but tooo cooold!

mx_racer32

Apr 7, 2005
ivan, should i break out the wheelie pic now? or should i let YOU post it? :) hahaha

i too am in n charlotte around northlake mall. im in an apt complex on reames road between harris and sunset. about 1/4 mile from the mall. im stick mostly to tracks.

if you want to see some of the tracks i have clips on my youtube page of different places. TNT will probably be most friendly for you. when is your next riding trip planned for?

i *might* be making an appearance tomorrow down there, my bikes been apart so i want to test it out and make sure its good to go.

http://www.youtube.com/user/mxracer32atyahoo#p/a/f/0/iEmLclZW06k

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
weav6385 said:
Haha. Thats not very nice.
Well to be honest Ivan is just that way, I mean if you are in to tighty wearin' homos I guess he's OK. He's always been a bit mean ever since the late Doug Domokos mastered the wheelie before he did.

ocechap

~SPONSOR~
Sep 12, 2002
Weav, right there at Northlake was some AWESOME riding before the built the mall. I lived at Mt. Holly-Huntersville RD and Reames before I had to leave town for embaressing mx_racer32 and Truespode by showing my riding skrillz! There is actually an old mx track in the woods on the south side of the interstate. Be hard to find it now but it's past the old golf course that go cut in half from the road. Dang shame. I lived there for years and had no clue there was so much to ride.

Btw, even though Truespode can't wheelie and MX-racer 32 can't jump, they're nice guys! :nener:

mx_racer32

Apr 7, 2005
thanks ocechap, ill remember that next time your junglefoot self forgets to put gas in his dirtbike and needs his jug from the parking lot!

i think i have a photoshopped picture of you catching air somewhere...lol

mliebal

Nov 12, 2001
Weav,
Do not let these "turtles" suck you in!
Bad news the lot of them.
Find a nice quiet place to ride, otherwise you will be in for great friendship, laughs and other terrible consequences!
BTW, I am the norhtern Turtle. Old and slow, but hey I still get along!
Hope to see ya out on the trail soon.
Mike
Greensboro, NC

mliebal

Nov 12, 2001
Oops, so right!
Ah, so many toys, so little time.
You getting sucked into RC cars?

Great group to be associated with! I count my blessing everyday or so.

Top Bottom