dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
Ok, ive been getting mixed reactions on the way my bike looks. most people that have seen it in person say its pretty cool, but they probably just dont want to say what they are really thinking to my face, so let er rip! personally i think it looks awesome, mostly because there is nothing out there like it, and thats what matters to me. bet let me know what you guys think!

PS. the shock spring is blue now.

26367im000665.jpg

Last edited:

DahlElama

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Aug 15, 2001
Dave - I dig it...... well... I'm not a big fan of the tires. But who cares right? If you dig it that is all that counts and the tires are a consumable so you will be changing them mid season anyway.

Yogurt

~SPONSOR~
Dec 25, 1999
I think it's sweet! Originallity always gets the thumbs up from me! :thumb:

I like the yellow tires, I'm wondering if they'll ever come out with more colors? But I hear the color tires don't last so long!

I guess you can make a new moto, "If ya can't go fast, atleast look like it!" :laugh:

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
I love everything except the tires. If it were mine i would of left black tires and gone with yellow rims. The plastic, seat, etc is very cool and i wouldnt change a thing on that.

muddy226

Sponsoring Member
Sep 14, 2003
Can't you get something done with that plain ole swingarm ? I saw a KX once with a sort of fade in job from front to back that looked nice, starting green and fading out, you could start blue and fade to yellow.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
People used to make fun of my Tri Color XR500, work boots, carhartt pants, flannel shirt, leather work gloves, and my trusty old Blue open face helmet ;) I could care less what they thought, for I was having to much fun to care.
So the question Dave, is not if I like them, but if you like them :eek:

VintageDirt

Baked Spud
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 1, 2001
I like it Dave, even the tires.

Can I have it? :confused:

CR Swade

~SPONSOR~
Jan 18, 2001
I think it looks cool, although the tires have always reminded of those colored eraser figurines (you know...blimps, cars, action heros, etc.)

dave186

Sponsoring Member
Nov 19, 2001
ive been thinking of that swingarm, but the way it is one solid cast piece, no welds or anything and kinda has that sand texture to it, so I dunno.

its a pretty funky bike to begin with, ive never been riding when someone didnt come up and ask me about it, (wheres the airbox?) now with those tires, i know everyone is looking.

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Originally posted by bsmith
People used to make fun of my Tri Color XR500, work boots, carhartt pants, flannel shirt, leather work gloves, and my trusty old Blue open face helmet ;) I could care less what they thought, for I was having to much fun to care.

Hey Smiffy! I'm with you on the who cares, just have fun philosophy. I rode this hunk of junk (pink bars, homemade back fender, rear paddle tire, toilet paper in the cyclinder top to stop a oil leak, duct tape seat, etc.) for 11 years and got laughted at every where i went.

XT250-vi.jpg

Treejumper

2 wheeled idiot
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 9, 2000
Hey, that's not funny! :)

I may bring the old beater to Paragon next time. Might be fun or atleast entertaining to you guys.

bsmith

Wise master of the mistic
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jun 28, 2001
She's a beauty :)

380EXCman

Sponsoring Member
Sep 15, 1999
Dave, I think you are out of control. I never should have sold that bike to you. You mail order junkie..... Just back away from your computer. Resist temptaion.. Cancel your paypal account if need be..... I know its hard owning a bike that has next to nothing in the aftermarket available to you, but your starting to get carried away....... Lets see another picture with the blue shock spring! Dont forget to tell everyone your plan for Tie-Dyed plastic and engraved triple clamps.........

well most of my buddies are no problem!
I know your not including me in that group.........

Oh and for all those who wish to see this bike in person it will be available for autographs the 13th to the 15th of Febuary in Reno Nevada at the Moonrocks ORV.......

Last edited:

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
Nice. A true freestyler. Now cover it with aftermarket stickers wether you have the part or not. Or don't, some bikes look better stock. Yes the swing arm need some thing to make it complete but I really think you should get a side panal in front of that # plate. Enough about the looks, hows it ride?

Top Bottom