GEORGIA_boy

May 8, 2007
if you have a crf, or tt-r 230, or any other brand dirtbike close to the 230 size let me know what you think about them, been wanting one and want to know the pros and cons and other peoples experiences. thanks!

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
The TTR-230 is an "off road" bike, excellent for beginners and people who just want to enjoy riding trails. It is intended for shorter, adult riders that need a lower seat height.

If that fits you and your needs then it would be a great bike.

Rod

Jan 3, 2007
GEORGIA_boy, depending on how you ride the 230 could be the best bike out there for you ever or it could be the worst. It all depends on the conditions wich you are ridding.

DannyMoto07

Apr 12, 2007
True... but like I said... give it a good once-twice-thrice-over in the driveway... start it, pop it through all the gears, feel out the clutch, look for any non-stock parts, ask him if he's got the heat-shield for the exhaust too.

Offer him 2000 and see if he bites.

Dan

May 10, 2007
oh yea that is really helping him choose

i have a friend with a 230 its fun but its a trailbike so suspension isnt great and it accelerates slowly.

great to learn on though

DannyMoto07

Apr 12, 2007
Oh I think it's a nice bike. It'll just be heavy, and sluggish. Like a 4-wheeler on 2 wheels.

I'd just offer him low... like I said earlier.

Good luck.

Dan

SpectraSVT

Apr 17, 2002
I actually like it alot. I'm 6'3" 250 and yes it bottoms on any jumps but its one fun bike. I spent 3 hours on it today riding a vintage MX track and had a blast (YZ red sticker season). If you learn to keep up your momentum up it moves just fine. Very easy to ride and being 6' you won't notice the weight too much. But its strictly a play bike. It won't win any races. There are a few things you can do to make the bike quicker. Taking out the exhaust baffle, opening up the airbox, aftermarket air filter, and then rejet (its lean). Also, get the Rev box from BBR and the 428 sprocket chain kit. On tight tracks that are light on the jumps I can stay with 450's. No room to open up a 450 and the 230 can corner quicker.

Top Bottom