What do you think of these mods???

trelecht99

Aug 3, 2002
I have just had my suspension revalved for my size and it is great and has allowed me to go quite a bit faster around the track but now i am looking for some engine mods, i dont want to change the handling at all.

At the moment i dont race but next year i am going to start, I have been riding for a year now and am getting better and better all the time. I have a 2003 stock YZ125 apart from renthals and suspension. I dont want any porting or anything done because if I dont like it it cant be corrected and i dont know enough about it.

Anyway, this is what i plan to do:
Boyesen Rad valve/reeds
" " water pump cover
" " Powervalve cover
" " ignition/clutch cover
Pro-circuit pipe/ 304 shorty silencer
Twin air filter
1/2 tooth bigger sprocket on rear

Also, has anyone heard of that more power thing that slots in before your carb? Is it available yet? Anyone got one?

My real question is, Which of the things above will be good and which will be bad? I am looking for more power all round.

Matt_H

Sep 13, 2001
Well I think with your covers your just wasting money but thats my opinion. Although they look pretty trick.

MrLuckey

Fire Marshall Ed
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
While I agree with the comment about the covers I think the 1/2 tooth larger rear sprocket will be VERY trick :laugh:

Last edited:

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Yes, a full one tooth was too much so he opted for the half-tooth.
I was thinking, I have some sprockets with half the teeth missing I would sell you...you know for weight reduction! :)
I think that the covers are a waste unless you already broke them. The waterpump cover may be a waste also.
Porting would be the biggest bang for your buck, followed by the reed valve.

los36

~SPONSOR~
Feb 7, 2002
If you're talking about the "Power Now" thing that goes in before your carb, that's for 4strokes only. Forget the Boyesen covers, unless you're sponsored by them, and get the reed cage, PC pipe/silencer and spend some time jetting it. Decide on the gearing after you get there.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
los36, They DO make the power now for two-strokes!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…