Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
01 drz 400 e $5170 out the door, For another $60 they will add a tail light and do all the paper work so it comes with a street legal title (NH has a law that if a bike was originally sold with out directionals you don't have to add them. so all you need is a tail/brake light, the cheesy mirror and a tooty horn to get a plate) thats $5230, get on it and ride all registration paperwork taken care of.

My take is that it's about what you can expect to pay in this area. I.e. no steal, but it would be nice not have to do all the leg work for the plate. It would cost me more than $60 worth of my time thats for sure.

this is a cash deal btw. I thought i might get one for around 5k but $5100 seems to be the number in these parts......

Whaddaya think???

snaggleXR4

Aug 5, 2001
Hello,
It doesn't sound to bad to me. If you can afford the 5k, then a little bit more is no biggy. If you can get the street legal setup, I would definitely go for it. I'm in FL with an XR400, I would love to get legal, but there's no way down here, to my knowledge.
Go ahead and do it, I've heard those DRZ's are nice bikes, you won't ever regret it. Good luck.

smb_racing

Master of None
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 31, 2000
It still sounds like a good deal, but round here you can get the drz400s (dual sport version) for $5446, but then I guess you'd have to add tax and title so it'd take it up a bit.

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
The dirt version with a street conversion is the way to go. With the dirt only I think you still get a better carb(pumper) and a plastic gas tank. One that does not dent. I think there are another couple of differences other than that. For 60 extra bucks its a good deal. I would do it if I had the dough.

Skid Jackson

Nov 1, 2000
well I'm the proud owner of a 01 drz 400 e!!! $5100 out the door. I went to a dealer that was a little closer. I can get a tail/brake light for $30 to $50 and do th epaper work myself. I found out it's not that big a deal. Already took it for a little break in spin!! I'll let you know what i think after i get my "riding" legs back!! although you gotta love that button!!

Top Bottom