kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
alot of FUN!

I have a huge CAT skid steer sitting at my brothers house, and i get to be the test dummy for all the new jumps. (it just don't get any better then that!) :)

i've logged in 51 rides this spring/summer. at age 53 it's heck having this much energy. to bad it all feels like it's trapped in a 70 yr. old body. :)

this article just popped up;
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/2011/06/roger-decoster-“the-man”-for-all-seasons/
i remember watching him around this time at Red Bud when i was a kid, along with all my other super hero's there.

well, i have my breakfast, lunch, and dinner packed, and and my first love settig on the trailer and heading out to the track. life is good!
I better grab a pillow. (nap) :)

feel free to throw in some biking stories of your own, or future plans thats keeping you going...

dave

Last edited:

kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
glad to hear your still fired up to ride, thats great!

John Dowd finished third overall in a pro mx last year at age 43.
that place goes nuts for him.

i heard he wants to keep his number, so he has to do like 3 pro races a year.

got the track dialed in today, it's awesome!
how was your ride tonite ?

dave

Pushin50

Dec 18, 2006
Hey Dave, Al and I had a real good ride the Tuesday before last. We were at White Cloud crossing the dirt road across from the big sand whoops and we could hear thunder in the distance. We thought about heading back but Al said "What's the worst that could happen? We could get a little wet." I agreed and off we went to the new ATV loop. We went around the loop counter clockwise and stopped at the bench for a little break. It was sprinking at that point. No big deal we got a little wet. About two minutes after we left the bench Mother Nature let us have it. The wind started to howl and the rain came down in buckets. The trees were swaying back and forth I had to keep my head down to keep the rain from power washing my eyeballs. Goggles and safety glasses were just fog traps so they were long gone. Quarter size hail made my helmet ring like a broken bell. By the time we got back to the big sand whoops branches an leaves were flying out of trees and water was pudddling between the big sand whoops. I have never seen that before. Once we got back across the dirt road the trail had turned to stream. We road with the flow of the water going down hills and against the flow going up hills. The wide part of the trail south of the dirt road was like a little river we just road with the water, and with caution as none of the rocks, roots or washout were visible in the water. At the end of the wide part were the big mud puddle always is was now more like a mud pond. I went around it, though the water was still pretty deep, and Al took a line through the middle of it. Al quckly bailed on the line and cut out to the side. Too late, his airbox took a drink and about 1/8 of a mile later his motor konked out. Luckily the rain let up about then and in an hour and three sparkplugs Al had it running again. The rest of the trip back to the parking lot was an adventure of it's own as we had to find lots of creative lines through the woods to avoid alot of monster size water holes and downed trees. By the time we got back to the parking lot we were just a little wet. I have to say, and I think Al would agree, it was the most fun I have ever had on a dirt bike.

kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
High Lord Gomer said:
Dave,

Glad to hear it! Got any pictures?!?

hi,
this site doesn't let me put to many pics on at all.
like 3 pics is max for ALL my post.

i'm i doing something wrong ?

kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
Bill,
thats wild!
man, thats mother nature kicking up her heels, so powerful!
what a ride, cool!

i love stuff like that.
thats one of the things i loved about whitewater kayaking, and rock climbing, just a big hunk of ''mother nature'' and yourself. powerful stuff.

thx for sharing.
glad to hear you two are riding alot.

hope to see you at Lawton enduro.
you going ?

dave

Pushin50 said:
Hey Dave, Al and I had a real good ride the Tuesday before last. We were at White Cloud crossing the dirt road across from the big sand whoops and we could hear thunder in the distance. We thought about heading back but Al said "What's the worst that could happen? We could get a little wet." I agreed and off we went to the new ATV loop. We went around the loop counter clockwise and stopped at the bench for a little break. It was sprinking at that point. No big deal we got a little wet. About two minutes after we left the bench Mother Nature let us have it. The wind started to howl and the rain came down in buckets. The trees were swaying back and forth I had to keep my head down to keep the rain from power washing my eyeballs. Goggles and safety glasses were just fog traps so they were long gone. Quarter size hail made my helmet ring like a broken bell. By the time we got back to the big sand whoops branches an leaves were flying out of trees and water was pudddling between the big sand whoops. I have never seen that before. Once we got back across the dirt road the trail had turned to stream. We road with the flow of the water going down hills and against the flow going up hills. The wide part of the trail south of the dirt road was like a little river we just road with the water, and with caution as none of the rocks, roots or washout were visible in the water. At the end of the wide part were the big mud puddle always is was now more like a mud pond. I went around it, though the water was still pretty deep, and Al took a line through the middle of it. Al quckly bailed on the line and cut out to the side. Too late, his airbox took a drink and about 1/8 of a mile later his motor konked out. Luckily the rain let up about then and in an hour and three sparkplugs Al had it running again. The rest of the trip back to the parking lot was an adventure of it's own as we had to find lots of creative lines through the woods to avoid alot of monster size water holes and downed trees. By the time we got back to the parking lot we were just a little wet. I have to say, and I think Al would agree, it was the most fun I have ever had on a dirt bike.

bk232

Feb 23, 2010
John Dowd is racing Red Bud this weekend. He is a past winner there, i believe in both classes? Should score some nice points, hopefully top ten.

He could score a lot more points with me, if he takes out team tu-tu.

kiddirt

Aug 28, 2010
thats funny ''tu-tu'', and i agree with you very much.

bk232 said:
John Dowd is racing Red Bud this weekend. He is a past winner there, i believe in both classes? Should score some nice points, hopefully top ten.

He could score a lot more points with me, if he takes out team tu-tu.

Top Bottom