LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
In the D17 rulebook for harescrambles and some MX, it shows the C class as having "No Awards".  What does this mean?  My husband is currently running 1st in points for C class in harescrambles, and he plans to finish out the series. (We gotta boot him up to B anyway, so I don't have to race with him anymore!) But he was kind of bummed to see "No Awards" posted. Does this refer to cash awards at the end of the year, or something else??

------------------
Lori K.
Y2K KTM200EXC
1995 KDX200
BRC, AMA D17
"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way"

Offroadr

Ready to bang some trees!
Jan 4, 2000
Lori, that means he is not elgible for the District awards (coat,sweatshirt,trophy)  Those are only for 'B' and above.

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Thanks, Jay.

So, now my question is:  What's the point of racing the series in the C class?

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
to become good enuff to race the B class at a competitive level?

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Well, yes, MotoXsparx that is the obvious reason.  However, as far as I know for D17 he can sign up to run the B class at any race (whether he is competitive or not).  The point is, is it worth a 3-4 hour drive to most races, cost of gas and entry fees, in return for bragging rights to a C class win at the end of the year and having your name printed in the District paper?  We could just as well run a few select races to keep up with the competition, then just self-declare as a B rider next year.
JMO.

------------------
Lori K.
Y2K KTM200EXC
1995 KDX200
BRC, AMA D17
"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way"

wardy

2005 Lori Nyland Award Winner
Nov 12, 1999
The District has always taken the stance that to recieve awards from the district level it would have to B or A no C class awards.
THe class is suppose to be a Beginner class in which you get the experince and then move to B for the glory. IN motocross we don't publish anything from a district level for the C class, so at the end of the year the only thing you know is whether you have been advanced to B or not.

The reasoning is this, sandbagging is pretty bad in our sport, the tracks and clubs who vote and make the rules for me to go by, have always said C class \no awards. Its ironic though since most tracks give out year end awards in the C class so go figure. Anyway this system mite change in the next few years but as it stands now "No Awards" means no overall at the end of the year awards.

wardy

LoriKTM

Super Power AssClown
Oct 4, 1999
New Mexico
Thanks for the clarification, Wardy. I figured it had something to do with sandbaggers wanting to scoop up the awards.  It just makes it difficult for those of us who are honest C riders trying to move up in the sport.

James980

Dec 29, 1999
If what you mean is the sandbagging would make it difficult, then you're right. The way the system is run (i.e., "no awards" for C class) is the right way because that's the beginner class. It's for people who want to get started in racing. The experience is their award.

If a rider is doing exceptionally well in the C class, then that rider should consider moving himself up immediately. You don't have to wait for the District to move you up, and there's no reason to stick around in C because of the "no awards" rule. As for the value of bragging rights, unless your best friend also rides C class it is minimal, as you pointed out.

Also, if you already have garnered enough experience to thump the C competition consistently, then, guess what, you are sandbagging. The District just can't act until next year.

In any case, good luck.

James

Top Bottom