Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
Finally sending off my cr jug to go to 144 this friday, just wondering which fuels you guys run in your eg 144's I live here in florida now but will be moving to south carolina in the next couple months so got to find a race fuel sold in both states,

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
C12 is fine or trak tek tt111 which is basically the same as c12. Ultimate 2 which is a oxygenated leaded specialty fuel. this is the bomb juice its a little expensive but worth the price make sure you know how to jet. At least a size across the board, if you use U2e which is the alcohol based oxygenate I think you need to go 2 sizes but talk to the fuel god Rich Rohrich

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
Thanks alot will be looking into which is for sale near me now and up there cause eg told me to put a note in there of what fuel I would run so thanks fellas

Backslayer

Go Big or Go Home
~SPONSOR~
May 27, 2007
No one actually real close, Zephrihills, 813-788-3633, bullfrog perf, Jerimaha
Now the lady said that this Guy named Jim with almost new auto out of orlando, has a son that races at the track and will bring fuel to the track on sat. you have to call him and tell him how much you want before hand. thats what she said id call and make sure, his number is 407-324-4488, The main distrubution is out of laurdale for vp fuels and that number is 954-565-7670 they have others that might be closer but she told me about that guy and i was gonna do that,

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
How expensive is some of the firepower fuel. Is it possible to add more mtbe to raise the oxygen content to 6% or even 8% safely. I want to try more timing in my 125 but both would be nice.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
A bottle of boost to 5 gallons is rumored to raise the level to 6 percent. I do know a few ounces in 5 gallons makes an unbelievable difference. The 537 is the ticket for 2 strokes, and 4 strokes like the 324. http://www.precisionautoresearch.com/page2.html, 65 bucks was the price for 5 gallons, all their other bottles of fun are around 20.

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
So am I better off using the U2 or the 537 and have Dr. Dave add more mtbe? Is that the same as the Bo2? How much timing/oxygen do you think I could get away with?
WFFR what do you think I know your pretty good at this, or should I just call PAR and talk to DR.D? :blah:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Call Dave and set you up with the 537, boost, Xamax trans and 2 stroke racing oils. If use coolant, racekool is unprecedented also! Best money spent. Try the fuel as is, then half a bottle. Word of caution, kiss plastic cans good bye, do not leave it in your bike for more than a couple hours, do not leave in the sun, do not use ratio rites. Jetting is a breeze, when there is no residue you are close.

hot125mod

Jan 14, 2007
Yeah i know about the ratio rites they melt. Right now i am jetted perfect for u2. I just started using ATF. Is that the same as the Xamax trans? I drain my fuel right after i get home and my bike is clean.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
I seen a dyno someplace that above 8 percent defeated the purpose. Bclapman was up to no good when he was experimenting with firepower, and an sst pipe. You call Dave, you will find pure throttle response, and an untold source of the real information on fuel and lubricates. Race fuel cures detonation, not cause it!

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
I seen a dyno someplace that above 8 percent defeated the purpose. Bclapman was up to no good when he was experimenting with firepower, and an sst pipe. You call Dave, you will find pure throttle response, and an untold source of the real information on fuel and lubricates. Race fuel cures detonation, not cause it!

LOL- let us all know when youve got a clue :nod:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
That is sad clap, If you would have told Dave before you erred, you would not have fragged the motor. Do not attempt putting 4 stroke gas in 2 strokes, sst pipes advance the ignition on some 125's. Attempting to mix anything accept boost to Firepower is a circle jerk. Once you understand what Firepower offers, and the pagan fuels do not offer,(vp and torco are garbage fuels put together in some guys garage), you will not go back! Firepower is put together by BP Phillips, ever heard of them? Match contents? And bottom line, They use alcohol for an oxygenate, when has alcohol ever been good in the dirt? Ask Eric what he runs in his motors. Call Dave, order some fuel and oils.

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
whenfoxforks-ruled said:
That is sad.

you know whats sad? come on, where are you getting all this stuff from? are you making it up or what? ive never said anything about SST pipe, fraging an engine or anything like that.

come on, how many brands and blends of fuel have you ever tried? i know ive cant remember how many ive tested- F+L, VP, Elf, sunoco, Nutec, firepower etc, and ive certainly messed with adding MTBE or "boost" as you call it to fuels. given that ive got a PhD in chemistry and i spent my intern testing gas in an oil refinery QC lab, i feel that i have a bit of an idea of how to "understand" the way things work.

if you like firepower then good for you, but it gets really old that everytime someone posts a Q on fuel, you jump in and tell them all the other stuff they have close by is junk and they should pay to have this other stuff shipped since its so superior to anything else made. Honestly, how many of those other fuels have you got any real world, first hand experience with to come out and call them junk?

as for the change to ethanol oxygenation, i too was skeptical about running these fuels, but i bought them and ran them and they work great....in the dirt.

as for the 324, its supposed to be for stock 2-4strk engines, it cost me more than $7-8 a gallon and in a STOCK RM250 it didnt give me anymore detonation protection than pump gas.

as for what Eric runs, i know exactly what he runs since we try and go riding together once in a while and more than often, i bring the fuel.;) yep, the cheapo sunonco unleaded 104- i get on my way home from work...aint that great no shipping for driving down the state! :nod:

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Dave lives in Bensenville. You should not put 324 in a 2 stroke dirt bike, that is what the 537 is for. Not enough cooling! Dave has a phd and an ms. Just call him, geez! Once you try it PROPERLY you will know, ether equals throttle response. Alcohol is a lot easier for me to get, and I do use it in a pinch. Sunoco is the only one of the major names I have not tried. I believe this is the second or third time you said that firepower blew your bike up, one of the other times I would swear you mentioned an sst pipe. And I have specifically asked Dave about putting 324 in a 2 stroke dirt bike, it will melt, not enough cooling. I did not want to buy 2 different fuels, oh well. 324 runs GREAT in a 4 stroke! And believe it or not, but the rest of their stuff is just as top notched. 65 bucks for 5 gallons requires no half stepping!

Precision AutoResearch
Main: 630-766-4402
Fax: 630-766-1715
Email : PARbrowser@aol.com

bclapham

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 5, 2001
ive never said once that i blew a bike up.

as for the 324, it clearly states on the website (and email i got from them) that the 324 is for 2 stroke MX bikes.

i am done arguing, you obviously know better than all of us.

Top Bottom