CR3999

Feb 28, 2000
This place was the place to be at onetime. I look at the date on these post and it certainly as slowed down. I guess we're all getting older. I'm still racing harescrambles (TORCS) these days. But now in the B class. The whole site has changed and I seemed to have lost all my kudo marks. Still racing an 05 CR, it's still a screamer. Well good luck folks. Long live the Two Stroke!

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I know that I have slowed down for sure. The new format didn't function right at work and I don't get on the computer at home much. It's better now but I have been so busy at work that I just lost track of DRN. Plus the site has so much new functionality that I just don't use, maybe I'm just old fashion. I'm off for 2 weeks for Christmas so maybe I'll do some digging to see what's all new here.

This past summer I have been out in the woods at least every 2 weeks. It may not seem like much but in the past it was at least every 2 months!

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
A lot of us are still here but we shared so much in the past that we mostly live off the memories and our new memories are not as dirt bike related.

I have a GG250 but miss my YZ250F.

With a 1 year old I don't get out often and when I do it is anything she can do too.

Ivan

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
The economy tanking definitely played a part in my not riding as much. I'm not riding or flying anywhere near as much as I was 10 or even 5 years ago. There are a million excuses. Older, heavier, achier, nowhere to trail ride, nobody to ride with.
That, and I've developed other interests as my body started griping about the aches and pains.
Pistol shooting has my main focus these days as does beekeeping.
As I start to see improvement in my financial situation I'm starting to plan again. This spring I think I'm going to take another stab at trials. I've still got the Montessa. No reason I shouldn't use it.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
I still have my dirt bike but never ride it. I just can't bring myself to sell it.
I've been doing some street riding and a lot of dual-sport riding - really enjoying it. Less expense, less injuries, and more seat time.

WoodsRider

Sponsoring Member<BR>Club Moderator
Damn Yankees
Oct 13, 1999
Life happens. I still ride and race, but these days it's most vintage motocross with my sons. My garage is full of vintage Hondas and Bultacos.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I still ride, not too much though, where we ride locally, Red River Motorcycle trails, aka Muenster, I have accumulated 22 card punches this year, one for ea day of riding, hope to get more next year.

My Wife had a major health setback in 2009, recovered, mostly, and it changed our plans, so I took early retirement 3 years ago, downgraded our living expenses, doing great, enjoying life.

Young Stan Flemmings hardly rides at all, he and his Wife moved to TN, we visit often, may move back there as well. Been researching the dirt riding there, looking to move near Westpoint TN, looks like an interesting place to ride.

Miss Dirtweeks as do most, I bet :(

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
I want a rematch! :D

As long as you still ride that CR500 that won't restart easily (I know, it is gone) and I get to ride my 530 with the magic button.

I still have the COTT trophy, how's yours? ;)

Papakeith

COTT Champ Emeritus
Damn Yankees
Aug 31, 2000
RI
You have THE cott trophy. There can be only one!

I was trying to explain to someone a month or two ago the BSwift scale we used that determined eligibility in the COTT race.

Grady

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Oct 19, 2000
You have THE cott trophy. There can be only one!

I was trying to explain to someone a month or two ago the BSwift scale we used that determined eligibility in the COTT race.
COTT race requirements:
- You must outweigh your bike
- Your waist measurement must be greater than your inseam
- You must be old, and generally described as slow
- If you 'appear' that you are sandbagging, you must stop and eat a doughnut or the equivalent.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom