Status
Not open for further replies.

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
On what? Your car? Or your '97 CR? What brand of "gear oil"?

Ipassedyou97

Jul 29, 2007
: \

My 97 CR Its the 2 stoke gear oil that they carry up at our local shop up here the brand is Suzuki.

Ipassedyou97

Jul 29, 2007
I think

I believe it was the 80Sae I'd have to double check I don't keep the bike here I keep it down the road in a garage of mine...

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Nobody said you were an idiot, I just needed a little more info. You'll be fine with that. Automotive gear oil and motorcycle gear oil are two different things. Stick with the Suzuki brand, or Bel-Ray Gear Saver and you'll be fine. Don't use car stuff in your bike, and vice versa. YZ165

Ipassedyou97

Jul 29, 2007
Well

Well I have two screws on my bike one I'm assuming is for the gear case and the other is for the actually engine. I put the Gear oil into the engine oil : \

Ipassedyou97

Jul 29, 2007
The one

The one on the right side is just a plastic black screw that says oil on it. The other one is a bigger metal screw on the left hand side of the bike thats on the upper part of the engine...

YZ165

YZabian
May 4, 2004
Use the black one, pour in the specified amount listed on the side of the case(right side),... after you drain it of course...

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
I might be a little off base here.....but I thought with 2 strokes, the engine oil is mixed with the gas???

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
Yes,lets call apples apples! Transmission oil,yes! Gearsaver or any motorcycle trans fluid will be fine,and get a manual for your bike!

Ipassedyou97

Jul 29, 2007
I'm just wondering since I put gear oil into the engine oil compartment what exactly happens lol I haven't driven it since and I'll drain it out tonight.

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
Ther is no seperate gear and engine oil compartment on a 2 stroke (unless it has oil injection--and your bike does not). There is only a gear oil section and you can put in gear oil (like SEA 80 wt) or motor oil (like 10w-40).

Moparman1539

Sep 9, 2006
Ok, there should be a rubber/plastic black screw. this is where you put the oil in, (for the gears and clutch) the metal screw dont even mess with..

You dont use engine oil anywhere, unless your putting it into the tranny. (you can use trans fluid, or engine ould, but not both at once.

And you dont put engine oil in the engine, you mix 2-cycle oil in the gas. the only oil you add would be for your gears and clucth (which would be adding it in the same hole same hole... which is the black plastic one...)

And you REALLY should get a manual

j.lawson

Jul 18, 2007
yeah, put gear oil in the "black rubber cap place" :whoa: , the metal screw is for measuring how much should go in. You unscrew that and add oil till it runs out that hole in the crankcase. Just make sure it's not your waterpump drain. anyway, the mix oil goes in your gas for your crank and piston, gear oil/motor oil for transmission. its not difficult...

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
j.lawson said:
yeah, put gear oil in the "black rubber cap place" :whoa: , the metal screw is for measuring how much should go in. You unscrew that and add oil till it runs out that hole in the crankcase. Just make sure it's not your waterpump drain. anyway, the mix oil goes in your gas for your crank and piston, gear oil/motor oil for transmission. its not difficult...

Read it again, the screw he mentioned was on the LEFT side.. not sure what the hell that was.... possibly the screw on the side of the cylinder to drain coolant from the head.

mkelly04

Jul 27, 2007
Ipassedyou97 said:
The one on the right side is just a plastic black screw that says oil on it. The other one is a bigger metal screw on the left hand side of the bike thats on the upper part of the engine...

I think you are talking about the power valve cover........ How much oil did you pour in there?

if you poured in a lot then you will have to take your engine apart and clean it out.... The oil could leak into the crank case depending on the position of the piston when you dumped it in.

whenfoxforks-ruled

Old MX Racer
~SPONSOR~
Oct 19, 2006
Merrillville,Indiana
No,he does not need a manual! How about a picture of the quart of spooge coming out the pipe! Have you tried putting oil in the handlebars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom