What happened to my friendly little trail bike?

palmer69

~SPONSOR~
Jan 1, 2003
I rode my '98 200 for the first time yesterday through the trails of Naples Fl after installing a gnarly woods pipe. Wow, that pipe turned my sweet little schoolgirl into a snarling, raging bitch!! What a difference! Yeah, you guys were right, the pipe makes all the difference.
I got into trouble a couple of times on the trail by using a bit more throttle than I needed. Popping over a log I gassed it like I used to and found myself off the trail an into the Palmettos! Lesson learned. It's just so much snappier.
It goes to show that the KDX 200 is such a great bike. Stock it's a great learner, but with a few mods it's really competitive. If any of you are on the fence, buy the KDX!

McRider

Jan 25, 2000
I just put an FMF Gnarly on my 99 220, mainly because I got it cheap and because my stock pipe was getting pretty dinged up. I already had an FMF silencer on it, to save weight. I was very pleasantly surprised by the increase in power that the pipe gave me, when I really wasn't expecting it.

KDXRyder200

Sep 3, 2003
Ya i put a FMF Fatty Pipe, FMF PowerCore Silencer, and FMF Torque Reeds on my 200
and HOLY SH*T it went from getting beat by my friend on his Warrior 350 to my bike eating it and sh*tting it out! It made that much of a difference!

KDXFreestyle

Damn Yankees
Nov 19, 2002
not much at all. all you can really hear is it breathing better. I has more of a popping noise too, instead of that normal KDX Diesel noise. Kinda sounds like a quiet MX bike.

Top Bottom