bweighmaster

Jul 15, 2021
Here again , back from another site , Too much bickering crap over there .... same crusty old bstards as always . Arguing about the same stuff , stuff from 10 yrs. ago.. History ain't gonna change , neither will they ... Not a lot of help , just lots of trolling ... critizism , and name calling .. gets boreing ... Here to help if I can ..

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
I'm still riding...

r6WFerz.jpg

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Wow. I had no idea this thread was still going. I was all ready to get back on the dirt bike this summer when I finished school when I was diagnosed with heart failure. So since then I've been working on getting my health back. I'm looking at getting WR450 ready to do some logging road riding until I can hit the single track again. And I'm also looking to get my CRF450 fixed and get it sold.

truespode

Moderator / Wheelie King
Jun 30, 1999
Wow. I had no idea this thread was still going. I was all ready to get back on the dirt bike this summer when I finished school when I was diagnosed with heart failure. So since then I've been working on getting my health back. I'm looking at getting WR450 ready to do some logging road riding until I can hit the single track again. And I'm also looking to get my CRF450 fixed and get it sold.

Wow... hope you get your health back soon. Glad you are at least going to get some riding in. The best shape of my life was when I was riding regularly.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
I kick started the Blue Mamba a couple of weeks ago. Had too much going on this past weekend to get out and ride.

Timr

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 26, 1999
Hi all,

Oldtimer checking in. I guess that word OLD applies to me now too...I just turned 50 about a month ago. More things that confirm oldness...I flew to Stillwater for DirtWeek (must have been in '02) because I had to stay in town to go to a doctor's appointment with my wife when she was pregnant with our youngest. That child is now 18 and graduates from HS in may. My oldest graduates from college next month.

My KDX is parked in the garage where it's been sitting since '06. And the last time I was on a bike was at the Perry Mountain 24 hr with Ivan. What an adventure that was. I do recall that we rode a KTM 360 that belonged to one if his friends and that there was a speed trap set in a field from 2p - 4pm during the race. I held it pinned and posted 77/78 mph! Of course there was a barb wired fence gate that you had to wiggle through right after it. Doh!

I just heard that my local club is attempting to host an Enduro on next year's SERA schedule. So, I may bring the KDX and my machete out of retirement. I mean why not? We're going to be empty nesters.

Something always fills the void and for me, I restored a vintage tournament ski boat (1993 Ski Centurion) and then spent a lot of time at the lake with the family. Plus I took a crack at skiing the slalom course. So far, I"ve managed to break ribs one season, and severely sprain my ankle this past season. In fact, back to the sports ortho I go today.

Hope all is well here. It was a great time and I often think about the friends who are still out there, but out of touch.

Best!
-Timr

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Hi all,

Oldtimer checking in. I guess that word OLD applies to me now too...I just turned 50 about a month ago. More things that confirm oldness...I flew to Stillwater for DirtWeek (must have been in '02) because I had to stay in town to go to a doctor's appointment with my wife when she was pregnant with our youngest. That child is now 18 and graduates from HS in may. My oldest graduates from college next month........
Thanks for checking in and the update Tim! DirtWeek '02 seems like a lifetime ago. Well, I guess it sorta is, lol. Good to hear from you and don't be a stranger.
I restored a vintage tournament ski boat (1993 Ski Centurion) and then spent a lot of time at the lake with the family
There are worse ways to spend weekends! Quite the contrast between hot, dusty mx tracks & trails vs waves.

splatt

Resident mental case
~SPONSOR~
Dec 1, 2001
Well about a week ago my brother in law calls me up to go riding. I was more than ready but the bike had other ideas. The ethanol gas I left in it from the last time I rode made a mess out of the fuel system. Spent the last week soaking the carb and waiting on parts. Still waiting on some of the parts. I still need to tear into my sons bike as well. It's been sitting since he left for boot camp in Feb of 15.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
Well darn, some of you guys are still here. I'm still running my shop. Tried to retire but my customers wont let me. Doing a lot of restorations for a collector in Los Vegas. He has an awesome collection of famous road racers and flat trackers ridden by many of the top national and international stars. He keeps most of then on display at the Red Rock Harley Davidson Dealership in LV. Still have my CR450R but, it's more of a lawn ornament now. Not riding dirt other than the occasional test ride. Can't see, can't pee, OH, woe is me. LOL. Spend more time in the canyons on my street bike. Will keep doing that until I can't hold it up anymore. I still give Gomer crap on Facebook, he's into kayaking now. He says it hurts less to crash in the water. Haven't talked to Elk in a while, he's retired and street riding a Harley now. Great to see some of the second generation riders getting into the sport. I'm working on my third generation, great grand kids. Kudos to you Bob for keeping the site up and running for so long. Anyway, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it. 9er out.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
Hey Terry - It's hard to imagine you NOT in the shop creating some magic. Retirement seems more like a shift in focus than an absence of fun stuff to do. At least that's the plan I'm working on for this spring :-)

RM_guy

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 21, 2000
North East USA
I've been trying to get to retirement but just can't quite do it. If I could get insurance, I'd retire tomorrow.
I'm in the same boat. I just don't want to skimp on the insurance. Several guys I know retired early and got Obuma care but very minimal coverage and the deductibles are huge for any of the good packages that I could find. 3 more years until Medicare kicks in then I'm done!

IndyMX

Crash Test Dummy
~SPONSOR~
Jul 18, 2006
Amo, IN
I'm in the same boat. I just don't want to skimp on the insurance. Several guys I know retired early and got Obuma care but very minimal coverage and the deductibles are huge for any of the good packages that I could find. 3 more years until Medicare kicks in then I'm done!

I'm in that boat with you guys.. Insurance is a must before I can call it quits..

Been a while since I've been around here. Of course I haven't been on a dirtbike in almost a decade.. Old bones don't really do well on one anymore.

Anyway, back to the insurance thing. Just went thru a little COVID-19 thing first of the month. Insurance paid $30,000, leaves me with $5,000 to pay out of pocket. Would be far more screwed had I not had insurance.

Ol'89r

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 27, 2000
That’s true Rich. I doubt I will ever really retire. Enjoy what I do and have more projects going than I will ever finish. Seen too many friends that have retired and then dead within a year. Gotta keep active.

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Sunday, I got to go see Kendall's boy Trevor's first time on the track. Needless to say, I'm a proud grandpa.

DMxXWU6.jpg

Top Bottom