What I have been doing for the last three years!

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Great stuff. Looks like you have enough power to knock the top off mudbug holes.

Have you thought of making the front wheels pivot? That baby looks like it would be a bear to turn.

Jon K.

~SPONSOR~
Mar 26, 2001
Tony;
We call them "swevil" wheels. Emphasis on "evil". They are a bear to manufacture, run the cost up, and protrude way out in front of the deck. In addition, they allow the machine "free reign" to seek the path of least resistance, making the machine "hunt" and requiring constant diligence from the operator, especially on the side of a hill. Other than that, they are great.

The trick is to place just enough weight on the front wheels. This is accomplished by using the engine as a counterweight, the rear wheels are the fulcrum. We have the weight distribution just so, and turning is no problem at all.

These concerns are common in the marketplace; but the swivel wheels that you see on the competition are a response to a perceived need and consumer demand, not actual need. The exception are the direct drive mowers with the motor on top of the blade and much weight on the front wheels. However, that market is price driven, and very few direct drive mowers have swivel wheels, though they would benefit most from them.

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
Well obviously the last three years have been well used! Good explanation to an ol' vexing problem. It looked like the engine was located to balance the deck, but you never know without asking. BTW - I know fixed wheels will make it MUCH easier to control on side slopes. If I ever get enough yard to need a BAM :laugh:, I know where to look.

Congratulations on what appears to be a great product!

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
sweet perimiter frame on the mini bike :)

Top Bottom