PoconoPete

Jun 9, 2004
Hello,

My dealer has a leftover 2003 kdx 220 with a 4200 dollar sticker on it. I imagine he wants to move it to make room for the 05's. Does anyone think 3000 (out the door) is out of the question? What is the best price others have gotten for leftovers?

Also, I must admit I am considering a Honda crf 250 x even though it is more money. Maybe the best price break gets my doe. Any thoughts or comparisons on the kdx vs a 250 high performance thumper like the crf 250 x? How about an objective view of what is the better north east woods bike?

Thanks in advance to all those that reply,

Pete

p.s. When people say "out the door" price does that include tax?

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
"out the door" includes all taxes and any other dealer fees, document or registration fees that you would normally pay when buying a new bike. You give them a check or cash for the 'out the door price, and take the bike away.

Sales tax/fees can vary a lot from state to state. But $3k is very low even if your state has no taxes. Not sure you could interest a dealer in that, even if you financed through them (they make $ on the financing, too).

In the past, I know dealers have given very big discounts on 2 year old KDX and KLX motorcycles. You might be able to strike a better deal after the '05s arrive, though.

cadjocky

Apr 4, 2003
If you could get it for $3000, I'd jump on it. I'll bet the dealer paid closer to $3500 for it and will wait for the right buyer. Remember, these backs have not changed for a decade (except for bold new graphics). Compared to the CRF250X? The CRF is probably slightly better in all categories except weight, but I'd still get the KDX 2 smoker.

moridin

~SPONSOR~
Dec 30, 2003
Since we dont know your states tax title reqs - keep that part seperate.

You should be able to get that bike for $3400 before tax/tag/title.

After the 05's are out - it may drop to $3200 - but you will be hard pressed to find a dealer willing to go to $3k.

Keep in mind at $3300 ish - you are half of what the X costs. Unless you are an A rider - you can be just as fast ont he KDX.

sn

Danny Stein

Nov 12, 2002
Mine was a 02' 200 bought in Late November 02' and the best I could do was $3,699.00 minus taxes and the BS. I think it was like $4,062.00 out the door. Hope this helps

Top Bottom