What is a power valve spacer?

GeoffM24

~SPONSOR~
Jan 19, 2003
Does anybody know what a power valve spacer does?

It just looks like it moves the valve cover farther away from the cylinder. I can't figure out how that helps anything?

Thanks

squid2002

Mar 13, 2002
I've always wondered about that as well. What does it ACTUALLY do to achieve the increase of power though?

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
It changes the volume of the exhaust resonating chamber... but I don't know how much of a noticeable difference those spacers make. I haven't tryed one.

Nevada Sixx

Jan 14, 2000
anyone found one for rm's?
i dont know about the pv spacer, but i have a reed spacer, and it basically just gives more "anti-stall" and smooths out the mid hit very very slightly. But as far as being able to do slow speed wheelies better, i dont feel it.....

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
If you can't find one for your bike, I'm sure you could make one. But, I would see if it is worth the trouble first.

darnjr

Jul 5, 2001
If you add a reed spacer, won't it kink the airbox boot where it connects to the back of the carb?

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
Not unless it is a huge reed spacer.

Buzz Bomb

May 9, 2000
I think it's pretty simple to make them with the right tools. There's a guy on Ebay who makes them for 1992 to 2001 CR250s. They are made out of billet aluminum and come in anadized colors, too! The only reason I don't buy one for my bike is because it doesn't clear with the stock pipe.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…