Going to DirtWeek?

• Total voters

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
DirtWeek 2004
Presented by Answer Racing, MSR, ProTaper and DRN
Sponsored by: KTM, Asterisk, MX-South, MX-Tech, Service Honda, Yamaha, Ogio, Universal MX, Dr. D, Briggs & Stratton & ProCircuit.
Cooperland Raceway - Stillwater, Oklahoma
September 27 - October 2

The Website: http://dirtweek.com

dw2k4banner1.gif

dw_free_ban.gif

Major Title Sponsor Press Release Coming Soon!
VERY Special Guest list / Riding School Info Soon!

What's DirtWeek?
A gathering of riders of ALL skill levels, DRN Members, their friends & family, sponsors & their families; all come together for days of Trails, Harescrambles, MX riding/racing, seminars by industry gurus. Prizes, Trophies, bragging rights. Camping, Bench Racing.... memories made. That's right folks, your favorite website is hosting the mutha' of all dirt bike vacations...

DirtWeek Events
There are events for everyone in the family! Poker Runs (including the infamous "Full Moon Run" (a night time event)), Harescrambles (Team and Individual), MX (classes from old and slow to Pro) Seminars, riding classes for adults and kids, Chili Cook-Off, The Barrel Races, events just for kids, contests, the Saturday Night Pig-Out...

Free Stuff!
Each night of the event, under the bigtop... trailer loads of free merchandise give-aways from our awesome sponsors. We aren't talking about key-chains and coffee mugs! Helmets, chest protectors, gear bags, riding apparel, big dollar gift certs, hard parts; the good stuff!

Fifth Annual "DirtWeek"
The event will be held at Cooperland Raceway; something for everyone: trails, single track, MX track, grass track, camping, etc. You don't want to miss this one... and this year, a WORCS Harescramble Loop!

You're Invited!!
We're leasing the entire riding area/facility for the entire event. Come out and ride the trails, the Harescramble course, the woods or the "groomed to perfection" National level MX track. This is a great riding area sure to be enjoyed by all.

Bench Racing Around The Camp Fire
We'll have plenty of room for campsites (no hook ups for RV's but plenty of room). The weather in October should prove to be perfect, warm (but not hot) during the day, cooling off nicely at night, great for those stories around the fire. Come out and stay for the whole week! Sit a spell! Take your your shoes off and relax a little.

Riders Of All Skill Levels
It doesn't matter if you started riding yesterday or 30 years ago. We'll have events for everyone. Kids to old folk, fast guys to true spodes. This thing is about getting together and having fun, not winning races or being faster than anyone else. You don't have to participate in any event if you don't want to... want to just ride? Go for it.

The Dates? September 27 - October 2

We selected the end of September/early October for the good riding weather. We will have exclusive use of the facility all 6 days. You can show up as early as Sunday, Sept. 26 (several of us will be there setting stuff up and I'm sure getting some saddle time :) You can leave any day as late as Sunday the 3rd. No, we aren't taking hostages, you don't "have" to stay for the whole thing! If you come for a single day, make it Saturday as that's the day we'll be giving away most of the great stuff.

How To Sign Up
Anyone planning to attend "DirtWeek 2004" will need to pre-register. This is necessary for several reasons; including the fact that the sponsors want to know how many are coming, we need to plan based on numbers of folks coming, etc. There is also a limit to the number of participants (400 riders), reserve your spot early.

What's it Cost?
Riding Adults: $25 per day. Non-Riding adults and children 14 and under: $15 per day. 10% Discount for DRN SupportTeam Members.

See this thread for Registration Details: DIRTWEEK 04 REGISTRATION

Do not delay... DirtWeek can sell out quickly! Be one of the first 150 to register and be automatically entered to win a set of Asterisk Cells!

Attachments

• dw_group1.jpg
    dw_group1.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 882
Last edited:

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Preliminary Schedule Of DirtWeek 04 Events

Note: This is last year's schedule which may be modified for DW 04. Stay Tuned for updates!

Sunday:
Arrivals Only, no riding

Monday:
Arrivals / Set-Up
Big Top Set-Up
Open Riding

Tuesday:
10:00 – 10:30 Rider’s Meeting EVERYONE attends
11:30 - ? Hare Scramble / Poker Run Course marking
1:00 – 2:00 Kid’s / Beginners only Main Track
2:00 – 3:00 Kid’s / Beginners only Mini Track
Open Riding all day other than when track(s) are in use.

Wednesday:
9:00 – 9:30 Rider’s Meeting EVERYONE attends
10:30 Poker Run
12:30 Kid’s Beginner’s Poker Run
1:30 – 2:30 Kid’s / Beginners only Mini Track
2:30 – 3:30 Kid’s / Beginners only Main Track
2:30 - 3:30 * TBD: Will Advise morning of event
4:00 - 5:00 DRN Mods vs Support Team (Tag Team) MX
5:45 – 7:15 20-20 Racing Academy Moto School 1 - Controls & body positioning
7:30 - Giveaways! (under the big top)

Thursday:
8:30 – 9:00 Rider’s Meeting EVERYONE attends
10:00 – 11:30 (unofficial Tag Team MX – See Nikki)
10:30 – 11:30 Kid’s / Beginners only Mini Track
12:00 – 1:30 Patman’s Trials & Tribulations
2:00 – 3:30 TBD: Will advise morning of event
2:00 – 3:00 Kid’s / Beginners only Main Track
3:30 - 5:00 Women's Moto School (Mini-Track, Nikki)
5:00 – 6:30 20-20 Racing Academy Moto School 2 - On-track techniques
7:00 - 7:30 Giveaways! (under the big top)
7:30 - ? Nikki’s Moto Bingo (under the Big Top)

Friday:
8:00 – 8:30 Rider’s Meeting EVERYONE attends
9:00 – 11:00 Team Hare Scramble
9:00 – 10:00 Kid’s / Beginners only Mini Track
10:00 – 11:00 Kid’s / Beginners only Main Track
12:00 – 12:30 GROUP PHOTO Everyone attends
1:30 – 2:30 Kids Hour under the big top
3:30 – 4:30 TBD: Will advise morning of event
5:00 - 6:30 20-20 Racing Academy Kid’s / Beginner’s Moto School
6:30 - ? Chili Cook-Off Judging (under the big top)
7:30 - Giveaways! (under the big top)
9:00 PM Night Time Poker Run

Saturday:
8:00 – 8:30 Rider’s Meeting EVERYONE attends
9:00 – 10:00 Practice on Main Track (all classes except A-Pro and B)
10:00 – 11:00 A-Pro and B classes Practice on main track)

11:15 C-Class on the gate
11:30 Women’s A/B on the gate
11:45 MX B on the gate
12:00 MX A and MX Pro on the gate

Break

1:00 Kids MX (*class 1 TDB) on the gate (small track)
1:15 Kids MX (*class 2 TBD) on the gate (small track)
1:30 Kids MX (*class 3 TBD) on the gate (big track)

Break

3:00 Bikes with Lights on the gate
3:15 Old-Timer’s (+40) Class on the gate
3:30 MX B on the gate
3:45 MX A and MX Pro on the gate

6:00 The 2nd Annual DW Pig-Out
8:00 Awards, Giveways and Trophies
9:00 DW BombFire

CAL

Sponsoring Member
Jul 19, 2000
Even though I may not make it this year, I voted Wouldn't miss it, NO DOUBT! Simply because it deserves that answer! It will take a MAJOR event to keep me away...it just happens that I may be having a MAJOR event coming up.

motometal

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 3, 2001
I have noticed in the past years although there are many "enthusiasts", also many attendees don't really ride very often. Heard a couple of guys saying that they had only ridden once or twice that season (other than Dirt Week and Dirt Week prep).

Strangely enough, i'm turning into that person. Got a street bike now, that's a distraction...i'm going to have to ride more late this summer to get into shape for dirtweek.

Jake continues to put in about 100 hours a week of ride time :aj:

MXSparx

Mr. Meltsomeglass
Jul 25, 1999
NoVa
Sadly.... I too have become that person :(

mdkuder

Who me?
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 4, 2001
I missed my group therapy (DW03) last year and I'll be having some majot issues if I miss it this year!

ScottS

Dec 29, 1999
Not if you have a starship.

(1250 miles, 20 hours of driving , according to mapquest- YMMV)

Couldn't resist. Kirk out,

Tony Eeds

Godspeed Tony.
N. Texas SP
Jun 9, 2002
500_boy said:
How far is Stillwater, Oklahoma from Southern Ontario, is it quite a trek?

Not sure what part you are in, but ...

I go to the BWCA and my travel times are as follows ...

Dallas to Minneapolis/St. Paul - 14 hours
Minneapolis/St. Paul to Duluth - 2 hours
Duluth to Tofte - 2 1/2 hours
Tofte to Thunder Bay - 2 ~ 2 1/2 ~ 3 hours depending on the border.

BTW - I am 3 3/4 hours south of Stillwater.

My guess is that you are looking at about 17~18 hours from the border to Stillwater. Now to make it interesting. There are a pile of folks along I35 that will be coming down as well, so all you might have to do is drive the first leg! Watch for caravan threads to start forming soon.

Little_John

Jun 1, 2004
Is this schedule still in the prelim stages, or is okay to print and post in my dirtweek folder?
I'm a bit uptight like that...I'll make sure I bring plenty of meds..lol

Little_John
:eek:

Little_John

Jun 1, 2004
Cool. Thanks.

I guess I'm a bit anxious. I've not taken vacation for about 4 years now. I can't wait...I've been acting like a kid waiting for Christmas...

Is it dirt week yet?
Is it dirt week yet?
Is it dirt week yet?
Is it dirt week yet?
Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!
Is it dirt week yet?
Is it dirt week yet?
Is it dirt week yet?
Is it dirt week yet?

Little_John
:eek:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
What is Dirtweek you ask? Oh Dude...where have you been?

Climb out from under the rock you've been under and come to the greatest week in the year. Not only is DRN an awesome web location, DRN puts on the BEST party for dirt riders in the world.

DW is an event. DW is a family reunion. DW is a party. DW is dirtridingpolozza. DW is a phenomenon.

squeaky

Roosta's Princess
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 28, 2003
Less than three working weeks away...19 workdays till DW '04...:aj: :yeehaw:

JulianC

Aug 13, 2004
See stuff like this is alsome to go to or even just to watch and great for the sport, and although i would love to go i live in australia. Nothing like dirt week is ever organised over here, although MX is pritty big over here nothing ever gets organised

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
Jump on a plane next year.

Senior KX Rider

Super Power AssClown
Nov 9, 1999
JulianC said:
See stuff like this is alsome to go to or even just to watch and great for the sport, and although i would love to go i live in australia. Nothing like dirt week is ever organised over here, although MX is pritty big over here nothing ever gets organised

Patman is right........catch a flight into Oklahoma City. Bring your gear. You would be surprised how easy it is to find a bike to ride and some food to eat :)

BunduBasher

Boodoo-Bash-eRRR
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Feb 9, 2000
where is the group photo ?

I have been away a while - moving to Kansas

Last edited:
Top Bottom