What is the 1/2" round thingamajig>>

Knobbyjake

~SPONSOR~
Jan 29, 2000
that is welded on the right side of the later KDX frames, right above the rear brake reservoir guard and below the number plate? Is it there to help protect the exhaust in case of a fall on that side? Inquiring minds (me) :think: want to know!

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
It's a grab handle for lifting the bike onto a stand. If you are standing on the left hand side of the bike, reach over the seat with your right hand and grab the handle. Bend your legs, press the bike in to your legs and stand up.

It's a nice, KDX, added touch.

McRider

Jan 25, 2000
This question has been beat to death on a previous thread. My conclusion is that nobody really knows what that thing is for.

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
I thought that too but it doesn't look like it would protect much. Add an extra set of DS pegs there and have a two seater.:thumb:

KAY DEE EXER

~SPONSOR~
Mar 3, 2003
Got any photos?? My bike is road registered and has a set of rear pegs for a passenger attached to what sounds like the place you guys are talking about. A photo or a link of the "thingamijig" could clear this up...

dirty~d~

Resident nudist
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 17, 2002
Originally posted by RV6junkie
It's a grab handle for lifting the bike onto a stand. If you are standing on the left hand side of the bike, reach over the seat with your right hand and grab the handle. Bend your legs, press the bike in to your legs and stand up.

It's a nice, KDX, added touch.

Bingo. :thumb:

I never knew what it was for until I had it pointed out to me by Rich... duh! :confused:

CaptainObvious

Formally known as RV6Junkie
Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 8, 2000
If you bend your legs you won't put any strain on your back.

canyncarvr

~SPONSOR~
Oct 14, 1999
Some in the know have said while it works well for a handle, it is in fact a guard to keep from getting hung up in the silencer area.

Lift by the rear fender? I'm afraid the tie-wraps I have holding the fender on in the first place wouldn't take the strain.......;)

drk98

Mar 30, 2002
Hey. thats what the previous owner must have done to tear up the fender on mine. Instead of using the one it the MX plate grab behind it around the sub-frame. As for lifting, no need I left the kick stand on mine.

Top Bottom