What is the Best Fitting Chest Protector for 3 - 4 yr Old

arl_racing

May 15, 2007
I have looked online at the different chest protectors sold for PEE WEE's and have found...

Shift Racing Pee Wee Profile Roost Deflector

SIXSIXONE Youth Pee Wee Defender Protector

Can anyone tell me what chest protector fits the little guys best? Specifically a 3 to 4 year old. 37" tall and 32 lbs right now. But of course growing.

He's on training wheels right now but I would still feel better with a chest protector on him. I would like it to fit him now and hopefully next summer when he is 4.

Also if there are any other brands and models of safety gear you all are using for your little guys that you recommend for this age, please share... I just bought some 180 pants and fox toddler knee shin guards that are on the way. Hopefully a good fit as well.

arl_racing

May 15, 2007
Maybe my last post was too specific.

Anybody got a 3 - 4 year old riding right now or had started their child at that age, recently? What equipement did you use for safety?

Sakuraba

Jul 15, 2007
My daughter just turned 5, she's about 35-40 lbs. I got her the shift pee wee protector. Its fits pretty good now, and there's room for her to grow. I think I got it for around $30-$35 new.

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
I looked at all of them when my son started out and the Acerbis seemed the best fit & protection for his small size even though at this age/size/ability anything is better than nothing.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
I've gone with the mini MSR chest protector for the boy, and my brother used the same for my nephew. My niece used that little Shift chest protector, and my daughter wears the Thor unit.

There are LOTS of options, just find one the kid finds most comfortable.

arl_racing

May 15, 2007
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I have decided to go with the shift pee wee and ordered one yesterday. The local bike shops do not have an abundance of kids gear available for fitting so I had to take a chance on one.

He's on training wheels and governed down for the rest of this summer. He won't be four until next April. But even with training wheels they seem to push the limits of whatever you give them. I wish I was as brave. So, I'm gearing him up with everything that will fit.

Top Bottom