What is the best MX for short people

hannigan38

Jul 4, 2009
I am 5'6 170lbs and I have a Honda CRF230. This was a a great starter bike and is great for trail riding, but I want a bike that is more geared for the track. I was looking at the CRF 230R, but my concern is the kickstart with my height. I know I can lower it, but I am not sure that it will be enough. I am trying to find out what bike would be the best option, given my situation. I also wanted to know if I would really notice that much difference between the 250' made for MX and the 250's made primarily for trail riding. For example, the CRF 250R vs. the CRF 250X. Please help.

Okiewan

Admin
Dec 31, 1969
Texas
Pretty sure you aren't "short" for MX'ers ... how tall is RC?
Shave the seat maybe, but learn to ride a full size bike.

denbsteph

Mar 9, 2009
hannigan38: How do you like that 230? Does it have some grunt to it? Do you climb any hills with it? If you dont mind, give a honest assessment about it. I have CRF 150F, love it and was looking at the CRF230 for that additional grunt and little more speed. Not looking to go super fast, but a little faster. Reply to the " Old man " on the What type of bike should I buy thread. Thanks

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
There are a few big differences between the "R" and "X" crf250s. The X has a wide ration transmission, electric start and soft suspension. The X has an 18 inch rear wheel.

The "R" does better in the woods than the "X" does on the track. So if you plan to ride track much go for the "R".

pscCRF10

Jul 31, 2009
if you want a mx bike go with the CRF250R their great bikes just take care of your valves and be very good about the maintaining your bike. Its a lot different from what your riding now. Test drive the R and the X if you can. I think your height shouldnt be that much of a problem.. and like you said you can always lower the ride height a little!

Top Bottom