What is the little metal tube on the KDX frame for?

mudpack

Nov 13, 2008
phonedudekdx said:
I read somewhere that it is indeed a pipe guard.
I wonder; what does it guard the pipe from??

I tried using that thingie yesterday to lift the bike up on a stand to change the front tire. It worked pretty darn good!
Didn't even realize there is one on the left side, too...???

Mud

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
later models went to one. I can't agree with the pipe/spark arrestor guard since the older models have one on each side, and there has never been a pipe or arrestor on the left side of the bike.

domino dave

Sep 24, 2003
domino dave said:
My 92 "E" model has "handles" on both sides. One of them was removed on later models to save weight..... or was it to save money? D.D.

julien_d

Oct 28, 2008
domino dave said:
Originally Posted by domino dave
My 92 "E" model has "handles" on both sides. One of them was removed on later models to save weight..... or was it to save money? D.D.

Yes, that is what prompted me to see if there was one on both sides of my 89 :cool: . So I think we can safely assume that it's no kind of pipe guard.

NCFRC

Jul 23, 2007
jonooffler said:
I hada look at mine the other day and tried it as a lifting handle, it works great the only problem is it's right next to the hot pipe so you have to be very careful you don't grab that.
Jono

I think a factory lifting point has the most votes here , especially if some came with one on each side. :nod:

Feb 29, 2024
I have been looking everywhere for an answer for this. I have a 2003KDX 200 and when on the track after a jump it often gets caught on my boot limiting access to the rear break. I think I'm going to cut it off so I don't get hurt

Top Bottom