What is the Mile High Enduro like?

webman

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2001
Mile High Enduro in Cloudcroft....

Does anybody know what the RMEC race in Cloudcroft, NM will be like this year (9/9/01)? I've heard there is alot of two track or fire roads.?.

It seems this area would have lots of trees, hills, etc.

What's down there??

P.S.-What about timekeeping??

Last edited:

Danman

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 7, 2000
I have never done it, but I hear that its pretty good riding. A lot of people around hear go just for the ride. I think there are a few pictures at the www.tscec.org page. I hear there is a lot of rocks and roots. I was thinking of entering it this year if I can swing the trip.

TexXR

Jul 14, 2000
I rode it last year. It was great. There was a lot of two track, up, downs, and a few tight sections (not tight by SERA standards). At 30 miles there was about a three mile section of uphill rocky trail that took quite a few riders down. The only "dangerous" section I remember was a 100 yard section down a real rough trail through the woods that pushed you very close to a barbed wire fence on the left.

The ride was great. You would work your way up a mountain top, then down the mountain top, and then break out across meadows with live creeks running through.

I almost ran over a guy in full camo that was bow hunting. Thoughts of Rambo ran through my mind.

On the day before the enduro there is usually a Gran Prix held at a ski resort near by. Fun to watch or ride.

webman

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2001
Well good!
Sounds like a fun race. Is there usually a good turn out?
Do you know what the format is? ie-timekeeping?

Looking forward to it!

TexXR

Jul 14, 2000
Pretty much a timekeeping event with a couple of tests. I dropped 16 last year with one burned check. It was only the second enduro I had ever ridden.

webman

~SPONSOR~
Mar 10, 2001
:)
So as far as timekeeping goes....
Enduro rules, with speed averages and check points..?..
..penalties for early/late?, etc.

So, it sounds like you need a computer?...or can you do it without?

TexXR

Jul 14, 2000
I ran it last year without a computer, but I simply chased my riding buddy who used a computer and is an A-senior rider. If you are moderately fast you could easily burn two or three checks.....we burned one even with a computer.

Top Bottom