adstott

May 23, 2002
While I was working on my 91 CR 125 I was reminded of this. When I took the bike apart this last summer this piece was dry rotted and had fallen apart. (The rubber piece going from the tank to the frame) I ordered a new one and because it was one of the last parts to go back on I was getting excited and put it on as best as I could figure. I'm not sure if I had put it on correctly or not though. What is that extra metal clip for? I thought it would somehow attach to my bike seat but there is nothing on the seat for it to connect to. There is a braided metal wire that runs from the clip on the gas tank to the clip that is just hanging there.

Attachments

• im000045.jpg
    im000045.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 174

JWW

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Apr 13, 2000
Is it some sort of safety wire. It could hold the strap in place if the first one fails.

shifting

~SPONSOR~
Mar 5, 2003
All that piece does is hold the tank in place. The triangle end goes on the tank.
The safety wire should run from the tank to the frame where the other end attaches. It's there to hold it in place should the rubber rot or break apart. Hard to tell in the picture but looks like it should be turned over. The other end is just to use to pull it into place.

Faded

~SPONSOR~
Jan 7, 2003
Originally posted by adstott
Thanks now I feel real dumb.

Way to go shifting....

adstott, don't worry, shifting likes to try and ride his bike with a shop towel stuffed in the carb boot behind the air filter. :moon:

shifting

~SPONSOR~
Mar 5, 2003
Picture this....
6 guys standing on a bridge over the Snake River. All 6 of us looking at an brand new 2003 CRF450 like it just talked to us or something. I made it about 20 yrds from the truck and she quit! Last Thing we checked...
The airbox. Don't feel bad about something so simple. You could be me. :)

Andrew that wasn't nice! :moon: :laugh:

Rcannon

~SPONSOR~
Nov 17, 2001
At least you guys remembered to take the tape of the silencer after washing. What is 4/10th of a second? That is how long your bike will run perfectly with the pipe plugged.

adstott

May 23, 2002
Yeah it took me a while to figure bikes won't run with the muffler plug.
I think I've done that about three times and it gets no less embarassing every time I do it.

Top Bottom