shiftmx731

Oct 10, 2003
I was recently at el cajon mx park and I pretty much blew out my suspension and my back. ive never had back pain before, but I landed pretty hard on a few jumps and Im looking into getting a kidney belt..my question is. from your experience what is the best kidney belt on the market. Any other info on back pain would be apreciated. thanks

jeremy

TheJunkMan

Jul 9, 2003
Now I looked for ones that had alot of support in the back ie. plastic mine is about 3 years old now but I use the THOR core 4 (or something like that can't remeber the model) but it had (at the time) the most support in the back and I love. it but the flimsier ones probably work good too I do not know. EVS makes alot of body protection and support garments for all sports

gasgasman

Sponsoring Member
Feb 15, 2000
Go to your local hardware store.
They have support belts that look and function EXACTLY like the popular Kevco/Stubbs kidney belts.

All you have to do is cut the suspenders off.
The best part is the price $12 compared to $45!

tony91

~SPONSOR~
Jan 30, 2002
I've got a pretty mushy back and I use the Fox hybrid. I've tried the Kevco/Stubbs style and IMO the support is about the same. I use a SCHIEK belt for weight lifting. If you want true support, get one of these. It won't look good on the track, but it works, no doubt.

BTW, if you hurt your back GO TO THE DOCTOR!!!. I made the mistake of not going when I busted mine. Now I have the pleasure of constant nagging pain. :flame:

carlbielke

Jul 4, 2002
Check out alpinestars tech back protector, it's a kidney belt that goes all the way up to the neck, it protects your whole spinal cord, I'm getting one of those soon, I think it should protect you much better than the usual kidney belt, www.alpinestars.com has it in the roadrace section.

KDXNick

~SPONSOR~
Oct 15, 2002
Thicker, the better. I have on and off back pain, and I use the old Fox Turbo belt that I bought when I was a sr in HS (after pulling my back working in a warehouse, right before a GNCC weekend). Works great! Still use it when my back is sore, even if I'm not riding.
-Nick

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom