MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
On my way home from work today I was stopped in traffic and 4 guys in an F350 crew cab pulled up and motioned for me to roll my window down. I did and the driver said "Hey, I've been looking for a car like that, you want to sell it?" I said no, it runs well and I need it. He said, I'm driving this truck, its my brothers and I need a car, I'll give you $3,000 for it" I laughed and told them there is another like it back up the road for sale. He said, "Na, it's not like yours"

PLEEEASE, I drive in a 1993 Honda Accord with 264,000 miles on it. When he saw it, it was (is) dirty and it is completely stock with pretty tired paint. I live in Charlotte, NC and this truck had a GEORGIA plate on it. What type of scam are they trying to pull? I told them I have 264K on my car and that seemed to dissuade them from their offer which I had no intention of taking anyway. I am sure this was some kind of scam so I reported it to the police and gave them the plate number.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
dangit, I told those guys to be more friendly when they went looking for a 1993 Honda Accord with 264,000 miles for me! I also told them to offer $3500. They must be trying to screw me out of that extra $500!

Patman

Pantless Wonder
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Dec 26, 1999
If they meet you at the bank and hand over cash for the title I would think it was straight up. If they want to give you a check or something or perhaps meet at someplace you are not familiar with I would suspect you would get mugged. Perhaps they were just yanking your chain?

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
No, it was actually on a very main road, 3 lanes in both directions packed with cars. I'm thinking it might have been one of these things where they give a fake check or some counterfeit money maybe?? Things like that are too good to be true so they just aren't. I am just not sure what they were trying to pull.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
Nothing says lovin' like a stinky urinal.

02stampede

Jan 5, 2009
Yeah, they were probably just jacking with ya. If it gets you from point a to b don't worry about it.

MikeT

~SPONSOR~
Jan 17, 2001
I just saw an article that said that the most popular used (and stolen) car is the Honda Accord, my car. Since it was pretty clear to me that these weren't legitimate buyers, I was fairly certain that they were up to no good.

Top Bottom