what kinda bike?

pyrobee

Apr 4, 2007
I was sent here by someone. They said maybe you all can help me.
So, i've never ridin a bike before, never been on one.
I'm female, 5'5, 137lbs.
Can't afford the safety course. How much should i be expecting to spend on a bike?

Jeromeo

Feb 26, 2007
you're thinking a street bike or dirt bike?? This is more a dirtbike site. I ride street bikes too so if you have questions feel free to ask. need more info from you though. Are you aggressive or not so much?? Dirt or street. One thing I can tell you about street riding is stay away from the 600cc and up sport bikes. I mean crotch rockets. They are not a beginner bike and it actually makes me angry to see a beginner start out on a rocket. It's such a stupid move. ride a smaller bike first to get to know how to ride. Anyways give some more info about yourself.

rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
I am guessing that you are a student at CSUS? If you are looking for information on a street bike I can't help you. As Jeromeo said this forum is all about dirt bikes and the two are just not the same.

If you are thinking about a dirt bike then refer to the "sticky" "Help us help you" that was at the top of this forum and fill out the information. That will give us more information to go on.

Rod

Blackcat

Mar 9, 2007
If your looking into getting into dirtbiking it will very greatly depending on what kind of bike fits you. But you can get started on an 2000 XR100 for about 1100-1500 dollars of course newer is going to be more expensive. You can also get into a moto bike 80-100 size for about 1500. The best place to look is in the cycletrader or cycletrader.com. And if your going to start riding street bikes TAKE THE SAFETY COURSE It's only $200 and it could save your life.

Jeromeo

Feb 26, 2007
definitely take the street course. It'll save you from being a walking scab. If you don't have the money... Wait till you do. THere is no price on safety. If you don't do the course. You'll probably kill yourself..... Maybe. Good luck

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…