rmc_olderthandirt

~SPONSOR~
Apr 18, 2006
What is your favorite color?

Seriously, they are all good bikes. One brand may have a slightly different characteristic than another, and one person may prefer that while another person prefers the other.

A better question would be to ask what years of which bike to stay away from. While all the brands are generally good they do sometimes make an unfortunate choice that takes a year to refine.

Rod

Sahinoz

Sep 2, 2007
Yeah, maybe you should take a look at some 250cc MX shoot-outs. I have a friend who's riding CR250 and it's pretty good, I'm sure that the other bikes are good. So take a look at tests and pick a color ;)

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
Are you racing MX or trail riding?

Seriously, finding one in your price range that is good shape with mods that are suited to you and your intended use is probably a bigger factor than what brand.

2-Strokes 4-ever

~SPONSOR~
Feb 9, 2005
Missouri
IMO
Honda.....quality control, long lasting
Kawasaki......the 90's were good for Kaw
Yamaha......excellent bike today, good in the 90's too
Suzuki........really started making quality 250's in about '01.

freefall514

Sep 6, 2007
I talked to a frend and he told me to get a Honda or a Kaw.
i do a lot of trail and dune riding, So i want something that handels good, with a good mid or upper rangr power band.
And dose honda do a singal piston ring on there 250s also?

stumanarama

Aug 29, 2007
ive got a 95 yz250, it has a little bit higher seat height than the others typically, but if you are 6 2 like myself then that is just fine, but it does basically come down to color, and which one you can get a good deal on

bclark001

Sep 12, 2007
I have a 95 rm250 and i love it. I trail ride in Michigan which is pretty much all deep sand. i don't have any problems w/ it once i had my suspension set up for me. it is a tall bike and i am 5.9 kinda have to reach for the ground sitting still but i don't have a problem handling it. the power band is in the higher r's and has lots of power w/ pro circuit pipe ,reeds, and some jetting. but i agree w/ everyone else unless you are a die hard Suzuki or what ever fan then really it comes down to whats avail. and how much bang for your buck. just make sure the previous owner maintained it (lubed the suspension linkage cleaned air filter regularly ETC.) when it comes down to a well maintained bike brand doesn't matter GOOD LUCK :laugh: :laugh:

Top Bottom