What mods for 02 CR125 for Enduro & MX?

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
A friend of mine bought a 2002 CR125 and would like to make the bike a little more friendly to the riding he does, if possible. He races MX at Grade B level and Enduro close to the top of Expert(the highest in Ireland) level. Does anybody have any thoughts on what mods would be useful and give the most noticable results? He was considering sending his cylinder to Eric for mid porting but would this harm his MX too much?
He has a Doma pipe and silencer, rest of the bike is stock except for an 18" rear wheel...

Any help appreciated,
Zenith

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
I would say to fit a decent piston and lower the cylinder 0.5mm then modify the head to suit.The rest of the engine lends its self to bottom end power well.

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
None of us would even nearly be capable of doing that so would you say ship it off to Eric? I have heard of a guy in Ireland doing a bit of home-porting, should I tell him what you recommend or get it to somebody who knows what they're at?

Is there any sense in a set of Boyesen Dual-Stages or one of those V-Force blocks?

Thanks as usual Marcus,

Zenith

Jan 11, 2001
Sorry Marcus, one other thing... The first thing this guy always says when I mention something like this is what will it do, performance/power wise. When are the effects of the cylinder & head changes you mentioned and how noticable will they be? I presume no race gas is necessary because I imagine it is like getting gold dust over here:confused:

Thanks

marcusgunby

LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jan 9, 2000
The v force add power from the mid upwards,the porting will bring a nice gain in pick up and the head mods are for realiability as they can detonate on normal fuel.

Top Bottom