what oil goes where?? Please Help..

Azz

Mar 8, 2003
Hey guys, i'm a bit confused..
It's probably a real simple question, but what oil do i put where in my bike?
It's 2 stroke, so i guess i mix it in with the fuel..
But there is also a seperate oil tank that has a pipe going to the bottom of the engine (crankcase i think), and when i use the throttle, a little cable seems to operate near where the pipe connects to the engine from the second oil tank..Is it an oil pump?
So do i put oil for the crankase and stuff in the seperae tank? (what is that called? gearbox oil or something?), and then i guess i just mix engine oil with the petrol, is that right??
Also..can someone tell me why the bike would need a seperate oil tank that feeds to the crankcase?
Thanks for all youe help everyone, i really appreciate it..
Cheers

dirt bike dave

Sponsoring Member
May 3, 2000
What kind of bike do you have?

It sounds like you have an oil injection or auto-lube system.  This was very common on the older dual sport bikes like the Suzuki TS or Kawaski KE, and similar systems are still used on jet skis.  The oil tank should be filled with 2 stroke oil.  Some brands of oil are marketed as suitable for oil injected bikes.  If the oil injection system is still operating, you do not need to mix oil in with the fuel. 

On a two stroke, the crankcase is seperated from the gearbox.  On most bikes, motor oil (the 4 stroke kind) is suitable for the gearbox. 

Azz

Mar 8, 2003
the bike is an old dual sport bike like you said...It's an aermacchi tx 125(not very common i know)..
Yeah, there is a pipe coming down from the little oil tank into the side of the engine, where i think the clutch is actually held, and then coming out of their into the carb manifold...So it obviously injects into the fuel seperately through that pipe...
I just thought different oil would be used for where the clutch is and for the petrol...
As you can tell i've never had experience with this type of system before..
thanks!

txkawboy

Nov 18, 2003
it does; it uses Injector 2-stroke oil in the 'little tank', and 80~90wt gear oil or equivalent, in its gearbox...(note that your 2-stroke oil must be ok for injectors, if u plan to even use your injector/tank. Your oil will say if it is ok for injectors on its label...)
welcome to the club, man. the 2 wheeled club, that is...

Top Bottom