FULL-ON

Jun 3, 2007
I have a 1984 yz125 what oil should I be useing in the tranny also I'am about to put new piston and rings in it how should I break it in, thanks

wavemaster

Apr 23, 2007
i have an 83 cr 125 and i use 80w synthetic oil in the crank. lots of people tell me it to thick but all the shops say its the stuff too use.

May 9, 2007
wavemaster said:
i have an 83 cr 125 and i use 80w synthetic oil in the crank. lots of people tell me it to thick but all the shops say its the stuff too use.
80W gear oil is almost the same viscosity as 25W engine oil. The gear oil will be fine in your tranny, as will any good engine oil. How often you change it is much more important than what you put in it.

May 9, 2007
How you break it in depends on what kind of piston you use. Cast pistons don't need much more than a few minutes of easy running and then you are good to go. Forged pistons require a series of heat/cool cycles to break them in properly.

GLeNs

Jun 12, 2007
You can use atf type f if needs be, its cheap but u will have to change it frequently, although this should be done with all oils to make sure they did not shear and are in the best condition for your tranny.

Welcome to DRN

No trolls, no cliques, no spam & newb friendly. Do it.

Top Bottom