what oz flywheel weight for kx 250?

Big Thor

Mar 16, 2004
I need to know what oz fly wheel weight I should get or my 1999 kx 250. I do alot of woods riding. I want some thing to help on stalls but does not take all of quick power away. does anybody know if you lose power with the 11oz. how does the weight help your riding.

VB Racing

~SPONSOR~
Jan 26, 2004
I run an 11oz flywheel weight on my 01 KX,and think you will be impressed. It does slow down the revs a tad, but the bike will lug down without stalling, and it seems to broaden the power band, as well as reducing the "hit" making the bike seem more like a 4 stroke.You also get a bit more traction off the bottom in slippery conditions. I ride alot of tight stuff and would not be caught without a flywheel weight. :thumb:

blanc

Dec 18, 2002
I would go 11 oz or more.. i think the slowing down of power on an mxbike is good for offroad usage... Think a really and i mean really fast enduro250. The only way i can desscribe the feel and from what im told is something between an enduro bike on speed and an mxbike. For the mxtrack you may not notice a difference!

joereitman

Jul 2, 2003
HLG just mentioned to me about how much a fw wgt helped on an RM250 he rode awhile back. I get too much wheelspin when the revs come up. I may consider this.

Top Bottom