What paint matches the 2003 KX-125 stock frame color?

snb73

Nov 30, 2003
I just bought my 13 year old son a 2003 KX-125 for christmas. He is stepping up from a 2003 KX-100, which is for sale by the way. :cool:

The bike has some paint wear on the frame from the previous owners boots. I bought some frame guards, but before I install them, I'd like to repaint the worn out spots.

Does anyone know what color I can buy at the local parts/home store that would closely matched the factory color?

Thanks Steve.

Studboy

Thinks he can ride
Dec 2, 2001
You won't find anything good there. What you need is the PJ1 Epoxy base color matched paint. You can order it from www.rockymountainmc.com for about $5 a can. It is a good quality paint and the match is perfect. You will be much happier with the results from the PJ1 than from a regular spray can.

BTW you want the regular Kawi green, not the Flo. Green.

MXP1MP

Nov 14, 2000
it's not green, it's suppose to be "gun metal" grey or at least that what they call it the newer kawie's are this color '03 and newer. I'm sure you could find something at the hardware store that will match and yes PJ1 makes the new grey color. It's just gonna rub off again after spending all that time prepping with primer cause you'd better paint the whole frame. Especially if you goto hardware store and don't get an exact match it will look like crap if you just a touch up on the bare spots. In the long run though more expensive getting it powder coated is better.

Afterburn

Nov 1, 2004
Appreciate the Good Info

Thanks for the paint education. I ordered some for my bike. I don't have to much wear yet, except along the boot areas. I bought my bike in October for $1891.00 at a local dealer(Lynnwood Motoplex). I am more than happy with it!!! What a great bike for a reasonable cost. It also came with Gnarly Pipe, FMF, Acerbis lights/handguards etc.:age:

Top Bottom