Gotboost

May 8, 2007
I just trade for a completly bone stock flawless 2003 YZ250 last week. My question is now I have it I have the urge to modify it. I want to mostly trail ride it on fire roads and woods also, and the occansional trip down to sand lake. So I think I want a pipe that gives more low end but I don't want to sacrafice to much top for the sand trips. What do you guys recommend?

mandark1967

Mar 12, 2007
I use a Pro Circuit Pipe and Silencer on my 98 YZ250. It seems to work well. Your best mods (if you dont have them already) for that bike would be a heavier flywheel, skid plates, bark busters, larger gas tank, steering damper, O or X ring chain and steel sprocket, and rotor protectors front & back.

Those mods should make it quite a nice bike to trail ride with. I love my trail-modded YZ250.

BSWIFT

Sponsoring Member
N. Texas SP
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 25, 1999
Stay with the stock pipe and go with the flywheel weight. Tight trails maybe a bit pipey but you'll like it for the sand. If the bike is jetted real well, you shouldn't need the pipe.

AlStar250

Apr 28, 2006
I've tried a few different combos on the exact same bike and what works for me is a the Pro Circuit Platinum (not 2) with a SHORTY silencer. The low end is soooo smooth, I ride with all 4Ts and they all are amazed at how I can lug through the tightest stuff with small small throttle inputs. It's the most "4 stroke like" powerband that flat hooks in anything I ride in. I ride alot of sand as well (Glamis) and while the shorty may give up a tiny bit to the full length 304 in the top top end, what it brings as far as throttle response and low to mid is totally worth it. I've tried the FMF combo's too and I liked them, just make sure to jet a bit richer for em. Also jet rich for the sand as well. Hope this helps

sir_whipsalot

May 12, 2007
Your best mods (if you dont have them already) for that bike would be a heavier flywheel, skid plates, bark busters, larger gas tank, steering damper, O or X ring chain and steel sprocket, and rotor protectors front & back.

if you do a lot of trail riding....def.

but if you also ride sand, then make sure that you get everything very VERY light...or else thats going to add on an extra 4-5 lbs on your bike

go with a works set, lightweight but very strong.

Top Bottom