Sure Shot

Aug 20, 2000
A month ago I bought a Pro Circuit 304 silencer for my 98 KDX 220R and am running the stock pipe. I am going to buy a new pipe and was wondering which pipe to purchase. The obvious choice would be the pro circuit, but is it possible to use an FMF pipe with a pro cicuit silencer. Is there any one out there running this combination. Our should I go with the pro circuit. Is there any advantage to an aftermarket pipe or is the stock as good as anything. Any input would be appreciated.:cool:

kaw Bill

Oct 1, 1999
I think most people are running the FMF rev pipe on KDX 220's. It seems to offset the 220's unwillingness to rev. I can't see it being a problem running it with the your Pro Circuit muffler either.

kaw Bill

TGR

Apr 1, 2001
I put a FMF torque pipe on my 220, but I do mostly tight technical trails. I love the torque, and it still rips but probably not as much as with the rev pipe. A lot of the time I'm in 4th gear. I'm amazed at what this bike does, and I was riding a Husaberg FE501!

Tom

Fred T

Mi. Trail Riders
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Mar 23, 2001
get the REV!

I have the 220 and put the rev pipe on it, I am amazed at how much that pipe helps the bike. You whould have no problem matching that silencer to the pipe. If it fits the stocker it will fit the rev. The rev is model KG 30 or sometimes refered to as the Gnarly Desert Pipe in websites.

Chodeman

Apr 11, 2001
I got the FMF Rev also. I never rode the bike with the stock one but am very impressed with the bike. It's almost like riding a 4 stroke. The power starts off almost at an idle. In fact it seems to be easiest to wheely the bike right when coming off idle. It has a pretty good top-end hit also. Like I said though, I have never rode one with the stock pipe so I have nothing to compare too.

DANIEL JOSEPH

Damn Yankees
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Sep 14, 2000
Think about what type of riding you do, wide open, hills, rocks and roots? I use a torque pipe others use the rev, in my opinion a pipe should be selected by the type of riding you do not by popular opinion. A guy riding in wide open space is going to like a Rev pipe a guy who rides in hills and snot is going to want a torque. Then put your skill level into the mix, a rev pipe is going to have a little more of a hit. Just choose wisely you're spending 190 of you're hard earned dollars.

OLD-N-SLOW

Nov 21, 2000
As I remember from previous posts,the pro-curcuit pipe was made for the
200 and does not work as well on the 220. Going with the fmf pipes seem
to be the safest bet. For the 200 though, the Pro-curcuit worked great.
This is just how I remember the post. so I 'm not positve. I think CC was the
one to post this. :think
Steve

Top Bottom