what pre mix to use

dafuzz89

Jun 16, 2004
just moved to the two stroke world from four stroke. I purchased a used cr250. the previous owner used Honda brand synthetic. Is there something else better out there? I am being told MAXIMA makes a good full synthetic oil>

jrg

Nov 25, 2001
i use honda hp2 in all our bikes, yamalube if i cant get hp2, have used silkolene also but it tends to splooge a little more, they are all good, i dont care for castor oil though, it can seperate when it gets cold out

Speeed

Proud American
Jul 4, 2004
Yamalube

Can Can Kev

Feb 24, 2003
Redline 2 stroke Racing oil is the way to go, its a lil pricey but well worth the money i havent blown a top end on it yet, blown 2 on my 125 running yama lube 2-R , 100% synthetic and it burns clean i mean clean, last time i did my top end there wasnt a spec or carbon anywhere no bunt on gooage , it gets top rank in my book but everyone has there own oppinions...
i buy it in the gallon so i never seem to run out or have to run up to the dealer and get some at the last minute :ride: its good to see some people are turning 2 stroke everyone now days is throwing everything to get a thumper :|

MXTex

~SPONSOR~
Feb 29, 2000
Honda HP2 is fine. So are most of the other synthetics. Pick a good synthetic, (Motul, Mobil Honda, Castrol, Redline, Maxima, etc....) Pick one, mix at 32:1, jet properly and you'll be set to go.

moto2121

Mar 2, 2004
yes stay away from the castor oil, I just changed from castors 927 to the honda synthetic what a change in the way my 04 cr 250 revs. runs much cleaner now :)

kelsorat

Knucklehead Newbie
Nov 5, 2001
i found the same thing with 927. I'll be switching back to Torco GP7

showtime586

Mar 28, 2004
dafuzz89 said:
just moved to the two stroke world from four stroke. I purchased a used cr250. the previous owner used Honda brand synthetic. Is there something else better out there? I am being told MAXIMA makes a good full synthetic oil>

What type of four stroke did you have? Woods or mx?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…