What Pumps You Up?

motoxgurl47

Dec 31, 2007
Hey everyone! What do you guys do to pump yourself up before a race? I'm just curious to know all the different things people do. Thanks! :nener:

rossim22

Jul 19, 2008
Listen to some Thor. lol just kidding, i like to listen to some eminem songs, not the ****ty rap stuff, but some of his better songs.

Rich Rohrich

Moderator / BioHazard
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Jul 27, 1999
Chicago
If the fact that you are on the starting line isn't enough to get you going, then you might want to reconsider spending your time this way. ;)

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
For me, it's the sound of the bikes warming up. It's something about that sound.......

LEllis7motox

Jan 28, 2008
RM85rider123 said:
For me, it's the sound of the bikes warming up. It's something about that sound.......

Same here... I dont race or anything but when i watch the hole shot or start i love when they start them up and rev them when there 50-60 going at a time... Then gun shot, gate, light what ever goes off and just... But then i just wanna ride, race, what ever...

bonitz

Aug 20, 2008
For me its when my bike fires. I know its showtime then. Also the intoxicating smell of racegas, and listening to white zombie or ministry before the race. I try not to get overly excited.Instead i try to bottle everything up, and when the gate drops i let it all hang out.

Cabot

Sep 3, 2007
I love waking up on race day, hearing the first bikes warm up across the pits (2 or 4 stroke, doesnt matter) while the dew is still on the ground, the fog is lifting, and the first bits of sun poke up above the trees.

From that point on, I'm pumped.

2stroke

Nov 7, 2001
Getting to the track and just driving past all the other machines. On a good day, its like a bike show. (I race vintage class MX)

Pulling up and taking my place on a starting line filled with 20 or so CZs, Maicos, Huskys and Bultacos. You cant help but smile. Then as the board goes sideways, the deafening roar of 30 plus year old machines fills the air, and the only way I can begin to discern the status of my KX400 is the level of vibration coming throught the seat. I swear time slows down for me when the gate drops, and for that first few turns what should be pure pandemonium is suprisingly sharp and clear to me. Its a total rush, damn near spiritual.

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
thumbs said:
I always have to go pee as soon as I pull up to the starting line.
me too! That's the good thing about woods races . . .
and being a man . . .

the world is my toilet!

mx547

Ortho doc's wet dream
LIFETIME SPONSOR
Nov 24, 2000
Rich Rohrich said:
If the fact that you are on the starting line isn't enough to get you going, then you might want to reconsider spending your time this way. ;)

agreed.

Dirtymotonut

Crazy Ole Bag
~SPONSOR~
Jul 28, 2008
XRpredator said:
and being a man . .

the world is my toilet

ya but even as men ya have to poop the same way.... :laugh:

RM85rider123

Oct 28, 2007
XRpredator said:
and being a man . . .

the world is my toilet!

I guess that can be a defence tactic when your riding, just unzip and let loose on the rider behind you. :laugh:

XRpredator

AssClown SuperPowers
Damn Yankees
Aug 2, 2000
RM85rider123 said:
I guess that can be a defence tactic when your riding, just unzip and let loose on the rider behind you. :laugh:
you've never done that?

I thought everyone did . . . :think:

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…