What should i add on to my KTM 200 XC?

bolebec

May 29, 2007
Bought my first 2st recently from my local KTM dealer. its an '06 200 XC. I was riding a TTR 125 before, but decided it was time to step it up a notch. Pretty new to 2st's and KTM's but what do you guys think i could add on to it to get a little more boost out of this thing?

Mar 18, 2006
coming off a TTR125 that KTM should scare you. They go like crazy stock. No need to add anything, except rad guards and other bike protection devices. If the power of that bike doesn't impress you, there's gotta be something wrong with it.

_JOE_

~SPONSOR~
May 10, 2007
Add a skilled pilot! :)

Like others said, protection is important. That's alot of bike compared to the ttr, you're gonna drop it, crash it and bend it. :cool:

bolebec

May 29, 2007
^^ yeah ive done some of that already. ill probably get the rad guard, bark buster and pipe guard, but is the lighting kit worth it? i dont take it on the road at all, but what are the ups to it for enduro riding?

sloopy

Feb 16, 2004
nothing worse then getting in the middle of a forrest and it gets dark and you have no lights. even in the day time when i ride on trails that are two way i put my light on so people can see me coming easier.

cujet

Aug 13, 2000
That 200KTM responds really well to aftermarket "fatty" type chambers and low restriction silencers. However, it will move the torque curve up a bit and the straight through silencers are loud.

However, if it is top end power you want, that is the first step. Some of the KTM mufflers are nice and quiet, without killing power too much. I prefer quiet. But remember that a restrictive muffler and a "fatty" pipe don't complement each other well.

If it is torque you are looking for, it is impossible to get much more torque out of a small two stroke engine without resorting to major surgery. Things like big bore pistons, higher compression, port timing changes and the like are necessary to get more torque.

I hope this answers your question.

Chris

Top Bottom